Senior FA - Valuations Specialist
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for Senior FA - Valuations Specialist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Define/Critique the methodologies for IPV and associated Liquidity/Model/Deal Specific Valuation Adjustments (VA) for any given product or risk (including regular methodology critique and advice on re-calibrations)
- Work closely with Traders, Market Risk, Model Risk Management, FO Quants, Business Finance & Control (BFC), and senior managers
- Communicate opinions to senior management on all valuation and control issues of the products and businesses
- Possess expert knowledge of financial markets and products with a quantitative background suitable for critically evaluating/challenging the results of BFC
- Define Fair Value Hierarchy categorization & justification, and create the framework of a given product, risk, or portfolio as appropriate
- Implement systematic valuation processes for the products, and collaborate with strategic projects, such as key risk management and system enhancements
- 3-8 years of valuations or financial modeling experience, with proven understanding of commercial real estate, distressed credit, and structured product analysis/valuations
- Excellent verbal & written communication, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Possess intermediate-to-expert level computer skills with MS Office, VBA, INTEX, Bloomberg API
- Experience in the following areas would be beneficial: programming in VBA, Python, Matlab and C++
- BS/MS degree, ideally focused on a quantitative discipline (CFA, FRM, MAI a plus)
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, with ability to examine elements of markets and securities
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of valuation models/tools construction and have solid bond math understanding
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at Adrian.Miranda@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.