Senior Director PMO
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Director PMO for our client in Woodlands, TX.
Eclaro’s client has almost a century’s legacy of workplace innovation - delivering products, services, and solutions, improve quality of life, and drive sustainability. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Holds both the leadership and management roles, responsible for various methods and practices around provisioning IT into the business, improving the overall PPM maturity across the organization, and tracking and reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of IT-oriented initiatives
- Serves as a large portion of the overall IT governance function and is responsible for supporting and enabling the organization's projects, programs and structured work efforts
- Specifically, will be tasked with designing the PMO and expanding its value and influence across the organization
- Lead the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery
- Define, manage and direct the needed end-to-end PMO work effort, which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Lead the establishment of a project management community of practice to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among project managers and key PMO stakeholders
- Maintain strategic alignment of projects by analyzing charters and reviewing with management decision makers, typically out of a PMO
- Forecast internal resource capacity by tracking the progress of projects across the portfolio, typically out of a PMO
- Oversees governance approach for managing project portfolio, managing reporting of progress, and working across the company to establish certain processes and procedures around pursuing a project
- Communicates status of the project and program portfolio to all stakeholders within functions/business units and enterprise oversight
- Prioritizes programs and projects based on strategic objectives, changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
- Engage with projects' business sponsors, business analysts, a governance (decision-making) body (via the PMO), enterprise architects, resource managers, contractor project managers and program managers
- Performs other duties as directed
- Multiple management, supervisory, and individual contributors
- A minimum of seven years' experience of success managing a range of important, midsize-to-large projects with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
- Documented experience creating, managing and/or executing a PMO function preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Relevant PMI Certification (e.g., PMP, PgMP) strongly preferred
- Extensive background with project management processes, techniques and tools
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with "C-level” stakeholders
- Capable of defining, explaining and maintaining a high-level, longer-term view of projects' relationships with strategy and other initiatives
- Skilled at advanced cost estimation, and at identifying the correct level of requirements specification for the estimation accuracy needed
- Can work with business management on budgets, and with business/system analysts to define functional requirements enough for a sufficiently accurate estimate (recognizing that priority trade-offs may favor on-time or on-scope delivery over on-budget)
- Skilled at managing interpersonal relations to build rapport inside and outside the immediate project team, and can motivate through leadership and mentor development of more-junior PMs
- Ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make decisions to prioritize tasks and allocate time given evolving business priorities
- Ability to work well with others, harness different skills and experience, and build a strong sense of team spirit
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices as required
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at Adrian.Miranda@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.