Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Number: 21-08343
Job Number: 21-08343
Make your mark where innovation is the rule. Our client is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer in Reston, VA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading educational non-profit, committed to advancing educational opportunities around the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Design, develop and implement automated solutions, based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the quality of your work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management standards/metrics to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
- Use metrics to establish feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing and time frames.
- Provide support (coaching and mentoring) for teammate's work activities on a regular basis
- Actively review their own and the team's work product and implement improvements seen from other teams or within the industry to drive continuous improvement of the team's efficiency, speed, and quality.
- Design systems that allow for monitoring and reporting.
- Develop full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the Client IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality and reduced time to market.
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable "cloud based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets necessary to support the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Integrate COTS products across the continuous delivery pipeline to provide a comprehensive automated system from epic definition, development, test and deploy of Client applications within our data center and Amazon.
- A hands-on engineer who leads by doing.
- Take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
- Develop solutions from business initiation through operational integrity.
- Support the development of standards by creating templates for ease of use and increase system productivity
- Foster, and build a community of practice for collective learning of the tools and systems across all disciplines
- 5-8 years of experience in software systems, programming, and infrastructure development and administration.
- Strong, proven experience as a DevOps engineer in a scalable production environment administrating one or more of the following: Atlassian Suite of products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crowd).
- Strong practical Linux-based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud-based environment.
- Experience working with APIs and Microservices.
- Working knowledge of IP Networking, VPCs, DNS, Load Balancing, and firewalling.
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CDK, Cloud Formation, or similar scripting techniques.
- Experience managing releases into production using AWS Code Pipeline.
- Expertise with Git and Bitbucket, including branching workflows.
- Experience with monitoring suites (Ex: New Relic, Splunk, Sumo Logic) -- is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and testing skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to set priorities, work independently, and attain goals.
- The ethos of continuous improvement and interest in learning new things.
- Strong ability to understand and internalize the big picture and broader implications.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Cedric Ceballo | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.