Senior Database Developer
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Database Developer for our client in Tampa, FL.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Develop SSIS packages using SQL Server.
- Work with analysts to understand data requirements.
- Communicate changes in scope, effort and timeline with project team.
- Assist quality analysts in determining proper testing methods for all work
- Provides production support and communications for existing SSIS ETL/jobs by working with network administrators, technical support staff, application development teams, and 3rd party vendors in order to implement tactical solutions for performance and functional issues.
- Deploys and QA tests SSIS ETL and database changes via implementation into a model environment.
- Develop ETL processes necessary to extract data from various data sources using SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS) and load to data warehouse.
- Perform data analysis and develop source-to-target data mapping.
- Contributes to the development of tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects on MS SQL Server, DB2 on IBM I and DB2 on AIX platforms
- Create and maintain documentation of data integration specifications and ETL processes to be available to business and IT teams.
- Use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed ETL is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant.
- Support user acceptance test activities and deliverable review for SSIS applications.
- Guided decision-making, as most duties involve evaluating a number of elements and reviewing the findings with a senior member of the team. Inappropriate decisions can affect the major processing of company information and may affect multiple departments. Duties are performed with considerable direction. Assignments are reviewed in detail with supervisor and senior members of the team.
- Scope Accountability
- Errors can cause substantial delay, expense or inefficiency in business processing in various areas of the Company, which rely on the database solutions being supported.
- Frequent oral and written communication with peers and others throughout the systems organization and customer departments regarding the status, impact, and resolution of production issues.
- Frequent oral and written communication with employees outside own work group regarding system usage problems or design issues.
- Frequent oral and written communication with vendors regarding equipment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and at least 5 years of applicable DBMS experience
- Excellent depth of SSIS experience, tests code well, excellent communications skills, highly driven, self-motivated.
- Must have excellent skills in SQL Server, TSQL, SSIS Package.
- Must have a clear understanding of the differences of DTS and SSIS.
- Ability to manage workload in an aggressive, multi-tasking environment
- Strong oral and written communications
- Strong PC experience including Windows and the MS Office suite
- Ability to share learned knowledge to increase support level of database systems
- Willingness to learn through on the job experience and support new technology
- Willingness to perform additional, unplanned project work when assigned
- Must be a team player
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Experience in a DB2 on IBM I, DB2 on AIX, or Oracle database environment
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with multi-dimensional databases.
- Familiar with CA ERWin data modeling software
- Traditional or Agile (Scrum) SDLC knowledge
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Eileen Sares at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.