Senior Database Developer
Senior Database Developer
Job Number: 19-07750
Job Number: 19-07750
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Senior Database Developer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!"
- The Senior Database Developer will design, code and develop the database components using PL/SQL, Oracle and SQL Server.
- The Senior Database Developer will use strong Agile development experience to produce application prototypes.
- The Senior Database Developer will need to make decisions on choosing the most efficient programming language(s) for an application project, making sure the new application adheres to best industry practices on database structures, data handling procedures and rules, and integration of multiple databases across diverse environments.
- The Senior Database Developer will work alongside database administrators and other IT professionals to understand the context of the project, initially focusing on how to best establish an application architecture and subsequently recommending improvements that can support the application and database's scalability.
- Collaborate and guide the front end application developers on any DB developments activities.
- Understand business requirements and technical design and specifications and combine into cohesive application DB requirements.
- Propose, defend, and demonstrate new design & architecture ideas, solutions, and modifications.
- Conduct performance testing of DB objects, develop test procedures & ensure routine maintenance of the data base.
- The Senior Database Developer will work to test the application/DB components as per the test cases and ensure quality product with high system performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Provide support to production systems, troubleshoot production issues, perform root cause analysis and implement fixes.
- The Database Developer will need to maintain multiple servers for Development, Test, and Production.
- Multiple DB Development Certifications And 10 years of relevant work experience Or
- Associate's Degree in Computer science or related technical field And 7 years relevant work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related technical field And 5 years relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in PL/SQL, Oracle and/or SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience in replication of Databases with real-time data on cross regions
- 5+ years of experience working with REST APIs
- 5+ years of troubleshooting and fixing production issues
- 3 - 5 years of experience in software development
- 3 - 5 years in developing with Python and SQL
- 3 - 5 years in .Net application development & troubleshooting using C#
- 3- 5 years of working on configuration management/versioning tools
- Master's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- Very strong on SQL Server & ORM
- Strong working knowledge of integrating and creating cloud compatible database & transform\migrate existing on premise databases to cloud based platform
- Strong working knowledge of DBA skills to manage & maintain databases on dev, QA & production environments
- Experience working on various data formats like Excel, CSV, etc
- Research and development, product development experience
- Experience developing commercially deployed software
- Professional and positive approach, self motivated, strong in building relationships, creative, team-player
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong collaborative workstyle, able to engage with other developers, QA team, and other stakeholders to ensure customer needs are met
- Strong skills on Database Design, Modelling
- Strong skills on Performance tuning & optimization
- Strong skills on DB development (Complex Stored procedures, Views, Functions, Scripts, Jobs, Triggers, ETL, Cron Jobs, etc.)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Data Management and Analytics
- Microsoft SQL Server database certifications
- Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL Database Administrator
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Ivy Española | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.