Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Job Number: 19-10756
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Senior Data Analyst for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Data Analyst will be responsible to identify, plan, organize and direct work across Electric, Gas, and Steam with specific drivers, including scheduled city/municipal paving, Client projects, and projects from other external agencies.
- The goal is to reduce costs and improve municipal relationships by reducing excavations on newly paved streets.
- This will include managing commodity leaders, learning to use various work management systems, and how to interpret the data in a geospatial mapping platform.
- Various systems such as: Electric WMS Logica, Energy Services CPMS, and Gas Work Tracker, geospatial software ProceMX, reading layouts in Projectwise, and permits in NYCStreets and ROPES to compare planned work against daily, weekly, and fiscal year paving schedules.
- The Data Analyst will coordinate planned work ahead of city paving projects, with the goal of reducing restoration costs and improving our relationships with the city. We support the Bronx, Queens, and Manhattan using geospatial data mapping technology.
- The Data Analyst will also support the planned expansion into Westchester while improving data integrations to innovate work coordination.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science, Information Technology, or related technical field
- 5+ years of related work experience with Data Analytics and analyzing large amounts of data
- 5+ years experience working with SQL including writing SQL Scripts. ArcGIS, Tableau, MS Word, Power Point, Access, Advanced Excel Skills such as pivot tables, formulas, visual basic programming
- 5+ years demonstrated ability to work successfully on highly profile projects and able to see tasks through completion
- 5+ years proven experience translating business requirements into reports/dashboard solutions
- Very strong writing, verbal skills - with the ability to clearly communicate technical issues and potential resolution paths
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- The selected candidate must be open to learning new ideas outside of scope
- Ability to display initiative by resolving issues on their own and applying lessons learned to new situations
- Must be able to work in a team and as an individual
- Strong writing skills - with the ability to draft procedural and process flow documents
- Familiarity with data processing and maintenance of data integrity
- Utility knowledge/experience preferred
- Able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
- Candidates selected for interview must attend in person, no remote interviews
- The individual must be self-motivated, resourceful, and articulate.
- The individual must be experienced with electrical utility projects, specifically electrical equipment design for distribution across both underground and overhead electrical networks
- Must possess a clear sense of accountability.
- The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
- Master's Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred.
- Conduct performance testing in ProceMX application
- Strong collaborative work style. Ability to engage with end users of ProceMX application
- Experience working on various data formats like Excel, CSV, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on highly profile projects and able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary