Senior Consultant, Private Capital Fund Accounting
JobDiva # 20-04503
Help drive change! Eclaro is looking for a Senior Consultant, Private Capital Fund Accounting for our client in Chicago, IL.
Eclaro’s client is a leading global bank stimulating change and innovation in the industry by offering top-notch financial products and services for a wide-range of clients worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Position Overview: Private Capital Administration provides third-party clients with comprehensive administration, financial accounting, and investor reporting services for their funds. Fund products supported include venture capital, buyout, mezzanine, life sciences, secondaries, fund of funds. Services include assistance with investment and divestment execution, investor drawdown and distributions, financial reporting and investor reporting.
This position is technical and service relationship oriented. Knowledge of private equity fund industry, products and services for specified area, usually obtained through training and/or related work experience is critical and required to service clients. Communication and negotiation skills are required to ensure client satisfaction. Analytical skills are required in reviewing, researching and resolving issues surrounding accounting and financial aspects across transactional and summary levels.
- Coordinating client service deliverables/projects, setting short-term priorities, and ensuring timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Interact with PE Fund clients directly and manage issues and client expectations, if necessary.
- Possesses the knowledge, leadership and organizational skills required to prioritize assignments and provide assistance to staff.
- Candidate will be able to operate independently and may be requested to work on large and/or complex projects/initiatives as needed.
- Be technically competent regarding complex, extensive, high profile transactions surrounding all PE Fund activity e.g. capital calls, distributions, management fees' investment purchases, divestments, carried interest calculations, etc. ensuring they are executed according to the LPA and standard accounting policies and procedures. This may require direct interaction with external senior investment management/principals and/or CFOs, Controllers, CCOs.
- Provide input, maintains and monitors departments risk management and compliance programs for assigned team. Monitors client relationship and servicing activities to ensure the team is adhering to the client's service level agreement.
- Establishes & cultivates working relationship with clients and partners. Act as key a communicator between the client and client service teams for the deliverables and servicing activities. Understands client needs and reviews service requests to ensure the request has adequate information for a successful implementation.
- Coordinates and participates in training presentations regarding area's products and services with partners and conducts on-the-job training with staff.
- Ensures that all necessary client documentation is completed according to audit guidelines.
- Monitors turnaround times so that product/services are provided by due date.
- Monitors and verifies account set up, maintenance and services for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews all bespoke, non-standard procedures for account processing.
- Provide management updates on transactions, including statistics on volume, productivity, new developments, service and sensitive issues on a regular basis.
- Completes department and individual Key Performance Indicators per established procedures.
- Provide input and assist in implementing new technology and efficiency initiatives.
- 3-4 years of accounting /securities operations experience and 5-6 years private equity fund accounting/administration experience with demonstrated growth of responsibility is a must with a minimum of 3 years client servicing or related experience.
- The ideal candidate will have a formal education in accounting and/or related business degree, understand the complexities of the private equity markets via past experience, and be well acquainted with Investran and MS Suite of Systems (Excel/Access/Word) (intermediate/advanced level).
If interested, you may contact:
Elland Bondoc | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity anddoes not discriminate based onRace, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.