Senior Business Analyst
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Senior Business Analyst (BA) will be a vital resource in assessing current business processes and who will develop new business requirements for IT and Non-IT projects that meet state compliance requirements, improve efficiency, and elevate the company's culture. The Senior BA resource must possess a clear sense of accountability and must be able to exercise independent judgment, and provide sound business recommendations. The resource must have experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and knowledge of Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) development methodologies.
- Facilitate business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications
- Manages the requirements development process, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the ongoing management of the requirements.
- Help to coordinate and manage the implementation and/or integration of products or new features for the client including client training, implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of the project, and communicate them clearly to the project manager, stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
- Expected to possess a mastery of the best industry business analysis practices, process improvement methodologies and the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
- Minimum 8 years' experience of hands-on Business Analyst experience or equivalent experience in IT Business Analysis, e.g. Senior Business Analyst, Lead Business Analyst
- Competent to work with highly complex business processes and systems including: process definition, gap analysis, process improvement, change management, UI/UX, data dictionaries, RTM, and/or requirement definition
- Proven experience in defining requirements for solutions in multiple-entity environments
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experienced with formal SDLCs and business analysis methods, plus exposure to Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business- relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Able to take strategic direction from management and participate in strategic planning activities throughout the lifetime of the projects
- Strong skills and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Assertive with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including group presentation skills
- Coaching, Mentoring and Teaching Skills
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on large projects and must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail oriented tasks
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong persuasion skills, and a proven track record of relationship building skills to elicit full cooperation from stakeholders and user at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are mandatory, with the ability to lead requirements gathering sessions and oral presentations to large groups
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and projects, and able to meet deadlines.
- Technical Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Proficient in MS Project
- Proficient in SharePoint
- Knowledge of New York State's REV and the company's implementation strategy
- Experience in one or more of the following within the energy/utility industry: operations centers, electric, gas, steam, engineering, customer or construction operations
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Heckle Tulab at Heckle@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.