Senior Azure Hadoop Architect
Senior Azure Hadoop Architect
Job Number: 20-00700
Are you ready to work in Big Data? Eclaro's client is looking for a Senior Azure Hadoop Architect for our client in Port Washington, NY.
Eclaro's client is one of the top market research firms, and has provided market information and advisory services for over 50 years. Their practice relies on unique data assets and analytic solutions to support over 20 industries and market segments. If you're ready to impact the future of business, take a chance at this exciting opportunity!
- The Senior Azure Hadoop Architect will be responsible for architecting, designing, and leading the development team to implement mission critical data processing Hadoop platform at Client.
- The position will work with executive leadership to provide technical guidance, enterprise architecture, data strategies and implement short and long term goals for the company.
- The director will also supervise his/her direct reports to ensure their direction and goals are in concert with the objectives of IT/Ops department in the company.
- Design, configure, implement and manage Big Data & Analytics Hadoop platform that processes Point of Sale data with optimal performance and ease of maintenance
- Design and implemented Azure Big Data Analytical platform leveraging Data Lake architecture and implementation on cloud with Hadoop ecosystem
- Design and implement Azure Cloud migrations of existing data processes in Hadoop
- Prioritize and scale architecture efforts in close coordination with Chief Architect, Enterprise teams, Operational teams and other stake holders
- Define and develop guidelines, standards, and processes to ensure the highest data quality and performance in Azure Data Lake and Azure data services
- Coordinate efforts with IT and Operations to ensure that the Hadoop architecture, data structures and processes meet the business requirements and objectives
- Provide technical leadership, as a hands-on technical manager, who can lead, manage and coach other team members and delegate effectively
- Troubleshoot and resolve various process or data related issues. Will be on call and provide off-hour support as needed
- Assist in the ongoing development and documentation of the standards for the system and data processes
- Create project plans, manage milestones, create and distribute reports and manage risks
- Communicate effectively with senior management, direct reports and customers
- Plan system capacity and design advanced features for future business growth and new business opportunities
- Proven experience with architecture design and hands-on implementation of Big Data pipelines using Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Factory
- Expertise with Hadoop Spark and Hive implementations with strong programming experience in Hive, Java, and Scala
- Last five years of hands on experience in developing and architecting solutions in operational experience of NoSQL databases and data integrations using Hadoop ecosystem
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing ETL or EDW processes
- 8+ years of experience working with relational or NoSQL databases as an architect or developer, proficient in data modeling, database design concepts, SQL and database performance tuning
- 8+ years of experience working on UNIX platform, expertise in shell scripting and performance monitoring on UNIX servers
- Experience with processing large data volume and data process performance optimization
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent analytical/problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Engineering
If interested, you may contact:
Homer Ballega | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.