Senior Application Developer
Senior Application Developer
Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Application Developer for our client in Warrington, PA.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest Insurance Brokerage and Consulting Firms in the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Drive the delivery of complex solutions/systems, coaching team members of distributed development and test teams, taking a primary role in the delivery of software solutions/systems.
- Specific examples associated task/responsibilities with envisioning and planning phase of the solution development process include, but are not limited to:
- Drive requirements gathering and specifications
- Evaluate scope, project plan & timeline
- Asses risk and analyze mitigation options
- Develop and design Proof of concept and/or prototypes
- Communicate Status and collaborate with distributed delivery teams
- Deliverables/Tasks/responsibilities associated with the design and development phase of a business solution development process include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Refine project plan & timeline
- Architect ad design Solution/application modules
- Develop implementation specification
- Drive unit test specification
- Participate in implementation specification review
- Participate in test case review
- Track Bug and enhancements through ticketing system Specific examples associated with the release phase of a business solution development process include, but not limited to:
- Develop software code to specification
- Unit test
- Integration test
- Code review and Peer review
- Participate in User acceptance meetings and plan
- Operations guide.
- Training/Help Documents.
- Documentation of known issues associated with the current release.
- Drive future enhancement recommendation or future solution phase/release recommendation.
- Deployment and post deployment support
- Troubleshoot and support basic applications in the production environment when escalated from front-line support team.
- Identify and document process improvement opportunities such as coding practice, templates for repeated tasks, architectural improvement, etc...
- Maintain an understanding of existing and emerging technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential in order to work with all levels within the company.
- Full understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Design and architect software solutions
- Deep understanding of Visual Studio, C#, and ASP.NET.
- Hands-on experience with UI framework using DevExpress .NET Components a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL Server and Team Foundation Server
- Must be able to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Must be able to work with geographically disperse teams and stakeholders through both onshore and offshore teams
- Must routinely exercise independent judgment and be able to work independently
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- 7-10+ combined years in software development
- 5+ years of development in web-related technologies
- 3+ years of development in ASP.NET WebForms and/or ASP.NET MVC
- Bachelor's Degree Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or Equivalent Experience
- Excellent working knowledge of XML/XSLT/XSD
- Visual Studio Release Management experience
- Experience in the financial services industry
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jeanine Hastings at 646-755-9303, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.