Security Network Engineer
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Security Network Engineer for our client in San Francisco, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Project, configure, implement, and maintain all network security platforms. Knowledge and expertise of Next Generation Firewall Platform
- Plan and appraise ongoing assessment of antivirus, application control, firewall, SIEM, VPN, SSL, intrusion detection or intrusion prevention and other network component policies
- Guarantee network security best practices are executed through auditing: router, change control, switch, firewall configurations, and monitoring
- Responsible for periodic vulnerability testing, and lead remediation projects
- Articulate systems and methodologies as well as reply to security-related events and support in remediation efforts
- Coordinate and oversee log analysis for company managed services offerings to ensure customer policy and security requirements are met
- Maintain network security devices to enable pro-active defense of networks within a managed service SOC environment, providing protective monitoring to multiple commercial customers
- Work under the direction of the Team Leader to maintain security devices and show practical experience in managing SIEM environments, firewalls, content filters, NIDS, proxy servers, HIPS, and packet capture devices
- Work with customers to form and fix appropriate policy and signature rules. This comprises tuning and development of the creation of custom intrusion detection and SIEM signatures and rules, including the efficient on-boarding and understanding of varying customer log sources into SIEM environments
- Work in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders to ensure customers have devices that are fully operational and secure
- Act under authorization from engineering to maintain the configuration and have a comprehensive understanding and technical know-how in server administration, including GPO deployment, patching, and network device configuration, and hardware management (including cable management)
- Work under strict change control processes to ensure only authorized changes are made to devices
- Excellent hands-on experience and knowledge implementing, configuring, integrating and supporting the network security with Palo Alto Networks, and WAF (Imperva).
- Minimum, 3+ years' experience identifying threats and developing appropriate protection measures
- Reviewing system changes for security implications and recommending improvements
- Palo Alto PCNSE, CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, CCSA, FCNSP, CISSP, SSCP, CEH, GIAC, Security +, OSCP, CompTIA Server+, MCSE, LPIC, CompTIA Cloud+, VCP, or CCSE qualified
- Good team player, Self-confident, motivated, and independent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm while multi-tasking and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details and good problem-solving skills.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Tim Cusick at Tim.Cusick@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.