Director, SEC Reporting & Accounting Policy
Find your next opportunity in Media! Eclaro is recruiting for a permanent position at our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is a global mass media company headquartered in New York City. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This individual will be responsible for assisting in ensuring regulatory compliance with SEC reporting requirements and to ensure adherence to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements and any other newly emerging FASB and regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings including financial statements, footnote disclosures and MD&A to ensure timely and accurate filings
- All aspects of SEC reporting including data gathering, processing and control, drafting and document filings
- Interfacing with external auditors, as needed
- Assist in the valuation and expense recognition of equity-based compensation
- Assist with the expense recognition of pension and other post-retirement benefits
- Documentation and testing of internal controls in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Assist with the assessment of new SEC/GAAP pronouncements, preparing position papers on the impact to client and amending the reporting process accordingly
- Research and documentation of technical accounting inquiries and related disclosure requirements
- Assist with the preparation of goodwill and identifiable intangible annual impairment test
- Assist with detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes
- Provide direct support on various special projects
- 6+ years of public or private accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Experience preparing footnote disclosures and accounting memos
- SEC reporting experience
- Strong technical accounting skills including business combinations, goodwill and intangible asset impairment testing, revenue recognition, accounting for pensions and stock based compensation
- Must have strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Media and entertainment industry experience
- Big Four auditing experience
- Strong Excel and Word modeling skills
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.