Scrum Master I-US
Scrum Master I
Job Number: 21-16123
Job Number: 21-16123
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Scrum Master I for our client in Waltham, MA.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Scrum Master is accountable for working closely with the business and technology to ensure the success of all project work under their supervision.
- The Scrum Master is one of two specialist roles on the scrum team (the other being Product Owner) and is primarily accountable for the execution of the scrum team and ensuring that the team delivers on its committed sprint goals.
- This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position, gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
- Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
- Helps the Agile/Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Works with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization, resolving dependencies, and participates in longer term planning.
- Coaches the Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
- As a servant leader the Scrum Master is primarily accountable for execution at the team level and for ensuring that the Agile/Scrum team achieves its goals.
- Leads Scrum teams for complex deliveries.
- Helps the team achieve in areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity.
- Acts as a team-based management proxy and servant leader and assists teams to self-organize, self-manage and deliver via effective Agile practices.
- Supports and enforces the rules of the scrum process and other rules that the team has agreed upon. e.g. WIP limits
- Communicates status to customers, team and management as needed
- Decision Making
- May act as an escalation point for team and Product Owners to help solve complex issues
- Scope of Responsibility (i.e. Financial impact)
- Understands and operates within the product team budget
- Responsible for ensuring that the committed to sprint backlog is completed
- Considered an expert with Agile Lifecycle Management tools, particularly JIRA.
- Communicative and social --excellent interpersonal and group facilitation skills including the ability to work with diverse stakeholders and personality types.
- Assertive --must be able to ensure agile and scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, and not afraid to be a voice of reason and authority.
- Willing and able to hold the team accountable to its vision and values.
- Situationally Aware --must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to team and to management, where appropriate.
- Attitude of transparency --must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about the team and grow business trust.
- Creativity, initiative, and flexibility --tempered by pragmatism, patience, and attention to detail.
- Proven capability of managing multiple priorities effectively and managing stakeholder expectations in potentially high stakes situations
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization (including senior management) on issues of strategy, risk, process, and ongoing operations.
- Understanding of technical practices that encourage agility such as XP Programming and DevOps
- Experience of multiple technical software delivery lifecycles.
- May mentor teams that are less mature, in order to increase maturity level.
- May participate in the hiring process of Scrum Masters as needed.
- Leadership Competencies: Acts with Integrity and Builds Trust Drives for Results Developing Talent and Effective Teams Leading the Business with Vision and Strategy Embodying Humility and Respect Risk-Taking and Resilience Paradoxical and Agile Thinking Informal Influencing and Building Network Deep Listening and Inquiry
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years' experience as a Scrum Master/project manager/program manager with dedicated Agile teams using scrum/SAFe
- Minimum Formal Education:
- Relevant undergraduate BA, BS degree in IT or Business or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in IT or Business preferred Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMI-ACP, SAFe SM preferred
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.