SCOM System Administrator
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a SCOM System Administrator for our client in White Plains, NY
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The client's Network Operations Center (NOC) requires an SCOM System Administrator to configure, test and implement Microsoft System Center Operations Monitor (SCOM) server alerts for the client’s critical applications. This will be followed by performing the SCOM monitoring of the application environments, setting up email alert notification distribution lists and assisting in the resolution of the issues. Candidates must be willing and able to work after hours and weekends as occasionally required.
- Implement and perform SCOM monitoring of three (3) critical applications in three (3) distinct and consecutive phases:
- The first application to be configured and monitored is Exchange (8-months)
- The second application to be configured and monitored is Active Directory (8-months)
- The third application to be configured and monitored is SQL database (8-months). If time permits, other applications will be added to the SCOM monitoring project such as Citrix; SAP; etc
- Designing, implementing and supporting System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Must be proficient with System monitoring solutions, such as: Solarwinds; ManageEngine OpManager; Fluke TruView (NetScout); etc
- Must have practical experience with SCOM custom management packs development
- Must have practical experience in agentless monitoring solutions.
- Must have experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools
- Patch management – hands-on experience with monthly Microsoft Critical Security Updates
- Must be proficient with Windows Server Operating Systems – 2008 – 2016 at the level of build, maintain and troubleshoot servers
- Experience with PowerShell, Active Directory
- Working knowledge of standard protocols including DNS, SMTP, NTP, NetBIOS, SMB/CIFS, RPC, HTTP, and SSL
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Ability to dynamically adjust workload and focus based on business or operational priorities
- Ability to multi-task, document, focus on and execute multiple tasks with an attention to detail
- Microsoft Windows Server administration
- Knowledge of communication protocols, hardware, and real-time Knowledge of SNMP, TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.
Education and Certifications
- VMware ESX experience
- MS SQL Server database experience
- Citrix experience
- SCOM Subject Matter Expert (SME) relating to SCOM tools, solution design, implementation and support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 5 years IT experience serving in strong technical server and/or networking roles.
- 5 years minimum experience working with Microsoft Windows Server
- 5 years minimum experience working with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Technical certifications are strongly desired.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Carl Guevara at Carl.Guevara@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.