SCIENTIST, COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY
Computational Biology Scientist
Job Number: 21-08793
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Computational Biology Scientist for our client in Cambridge, MA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- You will work within a matrix of proteomics scientists, computational biologists and data engineers to design and improve proteomic) data processing pipelines, perform data quality control and carry out quantitative analyses on proteomics datasets generated from various acquisition routes.
- You will also collaborate with internal and external collaborators to guide experimental design, derive analytical plans and generate reports and visualizations.
- Maintain and improve proteomics data processing pipelines
- Perform the quality-control (normalization/imputation/filtering) and analysis of proteomics data (secondary and tertiary analyses)
- Document workflows and ensure data injection, versioning control and curation using in-house built data warehouse
- Present results and conclusions to internal and external stakeholders
- M.Sc or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Molecular Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related fields. Minimum 1-3 years research experience (academics/industry)
- Experience in processing proteomics data and understanding of the complexity of proteomics data structure is a must.
- Strong experience in multivariate, pathway and network-based analyses.
- Fluency in R, Bioconductor and data visualization tools (ggplots, plotly)
- Familiarity with proteomics data pipelines for data-dependent and independent acquisitions and data types from MaxQuant, Fragger, DIA_NN, Spectranaut, Peaks workflow.
- Experience in developing methods and new approaches for analyzing large-scale proteomics datasets is desirable
- Familiarity with other programming languages (Python, Java, C++), relational or graph database and data manipulation tools (dplyr, numpy, pandas) is highly desirable
- Familiarity with shell scripting and cloud computing infrastructure (AWS batch, lambda, Athena, Redshift, Google Cloud BigQuery) is desirable
- Familiarity with web app development R shiny/Flask/Django will be a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.