Scientific - Research Scientist Research Scientist
Scientific - Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-15118
Job Number: 21-15118
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Scientific - Research Scientist for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- At Client, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change.
- As a thematic center, the Oncogenesis TRC at Client is one of the fundamental research and early development engines delivering therapeutics to cancer patients, integrating early discovery research through translational and early clinical development.
- Our modality focuses on numerous aspects of protein homeostasis including the ubiquitin-proteasome system, protein translation, and RNA processing and stability allowing the group to capitalize on the cutting edge science that underpins the action of the companys most advanced drugs.
- Pioneering research efforts around this modality creates a very dynamic, exciting and creative environment that exploits excellent science in biology, biochemistry, structural biology, computational biology and translational development.
- We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist with strong background in tumor biology to join us in identification and characterization of Client therapeutics for the treatment of hematological cancer.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to Client Client drugs and to understand their molecular mechanism of action.
- Responsibilities include profiling of Client compounds in cell-based assays to drive chemical SAR for lead research programs, development of cellular assays to support target validation and mechanism of action studies.
- In addition, support for lab operations will include assistance in maintaining the liquid nitrogen cell database and site compliance.
- The successful candidate will work closely with discovery and development project teams and scientists across the Oncogenesis functional areas.
- Work independently to design, execute, analyze, interpret and troubleshoot scientific experiments in molecular and cell biology, cellular biochemistry and assay development
- Accurately maintain written reports and present results in an organized and timely manner to supervisor and colleagues
- Communicate with peers and supervisors, foster teamwork and contribute to collaborative efforts
- Strong commitment to quality and demonstrate adaptability
- Extensive experience designing, implementing and analyzing compound effect using multiple platforms (multi-parameter flow cytometry, Incucyte, Western blot, ELISA/MSD and functional assays such as cytotoxicity, cell cycle and apoptosis) in the context of drug discovery is desired.
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) is required while using genetic manipulation techniques such as transfection, CRISPR RNP nucleofection and/or lentiviral transduction is a plus.
- Experience with HTS screening and the use of automation instruments is desired.
- Flexibility and interest in learning new techniques and skills in accordance with the research program needs.
- Proficiency in scientific and data analysis programs including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and GraphPad Prism is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude and independently collaborate across teams, requiring excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ph.D. level in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology or equivalent field with 0-3 years of experience, or M.S. degree with a minimum of 4-6 years of experience or BSc with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry developing and optimizing cell-based assays. The position level will be dependent on experience.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jane Bautista | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.