Scientific Computing Programmer Analyst
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Scientific Computing Programmer Analyst for our client in Redwood City, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The programmer analyst will assist in designing software and analytical tools for supporting Bioinformatics and scientific research projects. This would require development or implementation of new or existing applications, scripts, tools.
- This position will work closely with research investigators as well as project leads to analyze the requirements and implement the systems to support various in-house research projects. Data analysis with tools like SpotFire or are essential.
- The position is suited for collaborative multi-disciplinary setting. The candidate should be highly enthusiastic, collaborative and willing to help Scientists by adjusting priorities appropriately.
- This is a mid level position with a minimum of 4 years of experience handling Bioinformatics data sets in a research or industry setting. Programming experience in XML, Java Scripts, Python, R, R-Shiney Domino, SevenBridges Galaxy, MongoDB, Basespace is required.
- Strong working knowledge of NGS pipelines and workflows and various sequence and alignment algorithms like BLAST, FASTA The candidate should have some knowledge about antibodies as therapeutics. Previous work experience in antibody-based informatics tools such as AbGenesis/Distributed Bio, Vortex is a plus.
- Good software engineering practices like version control is required.
- Experience with AWS Cloud and AWS CLI, Anaconda and RS Connect is a desired.
- Preferred Experience: Experience with a number of programming languages and analytics tools.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science (with Biology as minor) or related discipline. Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in an industry or academic setting.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Joy Retanan at (646) 695-2949 or at http://www.linkedin.com/pub/joy-retanan/85/4ba/333 or send your resume to Joy.Retanan@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.