Scientific Application Specialist
Application Support Specialist
Job Number: 19-02649
Job Number: 19-02649
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Application Support Specialist for our client in Tampa, FL.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Application Support Specialist III provides advance technical support and administration for scientific applications used within Client Research.
- Triage and route of all application incidents for the entire R & D IT department escalated from the help desk, resulting in problem resolution or escalation to Tier 3 resources.
- Triage and fix straightforward, complex problems, problems with no precedent, use of existing solutions, apply new perspective using existing solutions, create/develop new solutions/procedures.
- Responding to end-user application requests and either servicing the request or passing on to application development.
- Technical troubleshooting of internally developed, off-the-shelf and customized off-the-shelf applications.
- Analysis of application data flows and identifying the root cause of incidents.
- Perform monitoring of schedule jobs; quickly identify and resolve any failures
- Application Administration: Create user accounts, provide data curation and maintenance, and maintain application security. Perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Documenting incident resolutions and other knowledge in the internal knowledge base
- Application Documentation - Organize and update application documentation including knowledge base documents for use by the service desk.
- Testing - Work with system users, other support staff and QA resources to test and or validate new application versions, patches or functionality; execute test scripts; assist in coordination of new releases; monitor deployment of new releases to user community.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Mentor less experienced staff as necessary.
- Actively participate in product roadmap and work request activities with IT Management.
- Actively participate in projects and in some cases lead team members on a project or during the resolution of a problem.
- A BS degree in computer science (IT) or scientific discipline is required.
- 10+ years’ experience in an application or informatics support (Pharma Research experience preferred).
- Effective problem solving abilities to evaluate the root cause of specific application and/or workflow issues and developing effective solutions while maintaining high customer satisfaction levels.
- Technical skill and independence to resolve Tier 2 requests for a multi-site, multi-tiered, multiple deployment model system, with significant integration with other systems and laboratory instrumentation.
- Oracle databases and SQL
- Thin client technologies
- UNIX/Linux operating system functionality including basic shell commands
- Windows 8, Windows 10
- Basic understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, Client/Server)
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to a broad range of scientific clients at their own level of understanding.
- Working knowledge of ITIL desired
- Ability to manage Enterprise class software with minimal supervision.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested you may contact:
Audrei Cortez | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary