Scientific Application Specialist
Scientific Application Specialist
Job Number: 19-02450
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Scientific Application Specialist for our client in Princeton, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The role is responsible for supporting application migration to the cloud for Scientific Computing environments.
- Systems engineering and technologies to enable, optimize and enhance business capabilities for R&D.
- Responsibilities include configuration of cloud services (AWS EC2, EBS, EFS, Storage Gateway, S3, IAM, Lambda, Cloudformation stacks, Elasticbeanstalk), Linux, High performance computing environments, Scientific Workstations and configuration of systems and networking services for hybrid virtual computing platforms.
- Support application environments in virtual computing environments, distributed computing and analytical platforms for scientific data.
- The role will be responsible for aligning with enterprise wide architectures. Role requires to be onsite 90% of the time.
- The role will ensure adherence to change management and regulatory procedures including governing the creation of operational procedures and system qualifications.
- Must have skills:
- Deep experience (5+ years) on Linux is required.
- Requires in depth knowledge of basic AWS services (EC2, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, EFS)
- Requires knowledge of sub-netting, VLANs, routing tables, network ACLs & Firewall configurations.
- Experience in Standalone and High-density blade system server installation & configuration.
- Experience with systems and network security, data encryption.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies and frameworks.
- Preferred skills:
- Working knowledge of Amazon Cloud services (IAM, CloudFormation, Lambda, Storage Gateway, Data Sync).
- Experience with cluster computing orchestration – StarCluster, ParallelCluster, CfnCluster, AWS Batch
- Experience with Job Schedulers - SGE, UGE, Slurm
- Experience with configuration management tools - Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Working knowledge of Active directory, Network Domain, Domain controller, networks is preferred. Position will work with teams responsible for these functions.
- Build policies for access control and user profiles using security guidelines and policies and established best practices.
- Experience of automation and scripting of systems workflows using Linux shell or Perl or Python or Ruby is required.
- Experience with scientific applications is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals and/or Healthcare IT preferred.
- Experience with IT asset management and compliance using enterprise CMDBs and change control
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Collaboratively interact with leadership and multiple stakeholders across the IT organization.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary