Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a SCADA Developer/Architect for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position provides support for the configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting of SCADA systems. The resource will assist the client implement and execute processes to ensure the consistent configuration and deployment of SCADA equipment thus ensuring availability, reliability, integrity and usability of the SCADA system. The professional will be required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with client resources, as well as third-party vendors in order to accomplish SCADA project business goals.
- The professional will be expected to understand and be experienced with SCADA architectures, SCADA cybersecurity, SCADA systems, SCADA software and the related subsystems associated with SCADA. The resource will need to demonstrate experience in performing technical functions needed to configure, deploy, and troubleshoot the SCADA systems, including setup/programming of full-featured cellular routers, Real-Time Automation Controllers (RTAC), Remote Terminal Units (RTU), and microprocessor relays. Additionally, the professional must assist in creating XA/21 HMI displays, Pi charts and related visualizations including editing related database entries.
- The individual will be supporting a complex and very visible project, and must be able to execute directions from the client's supervisor without deviation. In addition, the individual is required to track progress and regularly provide updates to their supervisor and project team. The individual must be extremely reliable, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, flexible, resourceful, able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, possess excellent team and communication skills, and a clear sense of accountability.
- Most of the work will be performed in an office environment at the client's facilities, however some work will need to be completed at the vendor's industrial facilities which may require safety clothing such as steel-toe shoes. Some lifting might be required occasionally in the range of 5 to 30 pounds. At times local travel may be required within New York City and Westchester; expected local travel should not exceed 20%.
- Assist client to create and document repeatable processes to configure SCADA system components
- Support the deployment of SCADA system components
- Setup/Configure/Program full-featured cellular routers
- Setup/Configure/Program logic, control schemes, network and communication paths for Real-Time Automation Controllers (RTAC), Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs), Human Machine Interface (HMIs), PLC's and other SCADA system equipment
- Edit database to prepare points lists of all data to be transferred between control centers and controlled apparatus, assign and program data addressing and routing information as required
- Create XA/21 Energy Management Systems (EMS) displays, charts, graphs, and related visualizations
- Develop Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens
- Contribute when troubleshooting SCADA system components
- Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects
- Help conduct and document root-cause analysis of newly deployed SCADA system failures
- Interact with third-party vendors to obtain already purchased parts or services required to deploy new SCADA devices
- Maintain equipment inventory and track assets using client's existing systems and MS Excel
- Provide weekly progress updates
- Help client track costs by using inventory ledgers
- Collaborate with client and vendor project stakeholders to ensure SCADA deployments are completed as scheduled
- Minimum 5 years' experience of hands-on work with electric, gas or water SCADA systems, including configuration/programming DMS/EMS, cellular routers, Real-Time Automation Controllers (RTAC), Remote Terminal Units (RTU), and related system peripherals
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related technical field
- Basic knowledge of SCADA communication data flow and protocols
- Experience deploying, testing and troubleshooting system software
- Hands-on experience configuring and testing SEL RTAC, RTUs, HMIs, or PLCs for SCADA systems
- Networking knowledge and communication protocols (RS-232, RS-485, TCP/IP, XMPP, DNP, SEL, etc.)
- Knowledge of electric utility operation, control and/or optimization
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong skills and experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Assertive with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on highly visible projects and must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail oriented tasks
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
Interested in applying? Contact Ivy Española at (201) 942-3003 or at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivyespanola and/or send your resume to Ivy.Espanola@eclaro.com now. Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience configuring SEL RTAC
- 3-5 years of experience in power systems engineering and/or software development focused on generation, transmission, distribution and/or outage management
- 3-5 years of experience working with control algorithms and/or software development
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in one or more of the following C#, C++, Python, SQL
- Analysis Tools experience: ANT, CUnit, JUnit, FxCop and/or PREfast
- Familiar with platform independent tools and libraries
- Source Version Control experience: CVS, Git and/or Subversion
- Experience with OSI Pi and AF
- Experience utilizing Tableau