Saber Application Production Support Engineer
|Reference # :||18-01581||Title :||Saber Application Production Support Engineer|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||02/16/2018|
We are currently recruiting for an Application Production Support Engineer for one of our banking clients. The position will be supporting the Saber Risk application within the financial markets tech support group.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Support primary risk management application SABRE ? front to back including batch processing.
2. Work closely with the traders and middle office users to fix booking, pricing and risk related issues.
3. Perform in depth technical BAU application support.
4. Prioritize work to successfully deliver service in a diverse environment.
5. Monitoring of production applications using ITRS GENEOS.
6. Perform impact analysis on application changes and act as change manager for the team.
7. Perform application releases and changes into PROD/DR environments.
8. Manage incidents, problems, changes, of varying complexity.
9. Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation.
10. Monitor batch processing, enhance batch processing and ensure batches meet SLA's.
11. Manage escalations to development and the business.
12. Track incidents and provide regular updates to key stakeholders on status and progress.
13. Manage/coordinate recurring issues and ensure long-term resolution.
14. Work closely with Development teams for bug fixes.
15. Drive development teams for application enhancements to improve supportability of the platform.
16. Participate in the bank wide DR tests and FM tech support monthly DR Failovers.
17. Work closely with UNIX/Database/Network Infrastructure teams on stability improvement programs or general improvements to the environments.
18. Manage open risks and audit points through to closure.
19. Perform risk reviews of the environment and raise new risks where/when applicable.
Stakeholder management with FO trading, Middle Office, Product Control, Development and Infrastructure teams.
1. At least 5-8 years of production support experience within a financial services organisation and prior experience in supporting risk management application.
2. Strong understanding of ITIL processes (Incident, Change and Problem).
3. Good knowledge of trade booking & life cycling for FX Options/IRDs/Commodities/Credit Derivatives products.
4. Strong knowledge in managing UNIX based environments, Oracle database, Oracle DaaS, Oracle Golden Gate, VERITAS Cluster Server, SAN/NAS file systems.
5. Keenness to understand and resolve trade booking, life cycling, PnL & Risk related issues.
6. Knowledge on Hadoop, Amazon web service & oracle golden gate is an added advantage.
7. Ability to debug and resolve issues related to UNIX, Oracle & Java based applications.
8. Ability to resolve recurring incidents through problem management.
9. Prior experience in release/change management would be an added advantage.
10. Knowledge in Shell or Python scripting to automate manual tasks.
11. Experience in configuration and management of monitoring toolsets (Geneos/Nagios/Patrol/Tivoli).
12. Flexible to work in APAC & EUROPE time zone and on weekend shifts.
13. Strong team player.
14. Stakeholder management across (but not limited to) Front Office, Technology & Operations.
15. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
16. Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
17. Self starter/motivated and ambitious.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.