Job Number: 21-09781
Job Number: 21-09781
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Research Scientist for our client in San Diego, CA
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- At Client, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- The Oncogenesis Thematic Research Center (TRC) at Client is one of the fundamental research and early development engines delivering therapeutics to cancer patients, integrating early discovery research through translational and early clinical development.
- Our modality focuses on numerous aspects of protein homeostasis including the ubiquitin-proteasome system, protein translation, and RNA processing and stability allowing the group to capitalize on the cutting edge science that underpins the action of the company's most advanced drugs. Pioneering research around these modalities creates a very dynamic, exciting and creative environment that exploits excellent science in biology, biochemistry, structural biology, computational biology and translational development.
- The Discovery Biology group within the Oncogenesis (TRC) focuses on delivering Client cancer therapeutics by engaging E3 ubiquitin ligases for targeted protein degradation.
- We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist with strong background in tumor biology and understanding of the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) to participate in the discovery of Client targeted protein degradation drugs for hematology oncology projects.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to 1) explore disease biology enabling identification of Client drug targets; 2) develop and implement robust cellular assays to support discovery of small molecules as clinical development candidates; 3) design and execute research strategies that further our understanding of the mechanisms of Client compounds and targets; and 4) develop collaboration and interact with external partners relevant to the target discovery efforts.
- Responsibilities include utilizing disease models to design target validation studies and relevant assays in support of SAR, mechanism of action, mechanisms of resistance, biomarker selection, and disease positioning. The successful candidate will work within discovery project teams and with scientists across different functional areas and be expected to present her or his work at project team meetings and to research leadership.
- Design and conduct essential mechanistic experiments in cell biology, cellular biochemistry, molecular biology, and assay development
- Develop and implement cell-based assays to support target identification, validation, and drug development
- Conduct target discovery and validation experiments in close collaboration with bioinformatics, chemistry, and HTS groups
- Communicate effectively with peers and supervisors, foster teamwork and contribute to collaborative efforts.
- Strong commitment to quality and demonstrate adaptability
- Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner
- Ph.D. degree with 0-5 years of experience in Molecular and Cell Biology, preferably in Oncology and/or Hematologic malignancies with expertise in conducting drug mechanism of action (MoA) study in biopharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive hands-on experience with various molecular and cellular technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9 knock-in/out, RNAi lentiviral transduction, ELISA, Western blotting, multi-color flow cytometry, and quantitative PCR are essential. Experience with iPSC culture and differentiation are preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience in cancer research with strong training in molecular and cell biology.
- Proficiency in scientific data analysis programs including FCS Express, FlowJo, Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment, flexibility, and interest in learning new techniques and skills in accordance with the research program needs
- Effective communication and excellent presentation skills in internal meetings and external settings
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.