Job Number: 21-04064
Job Number: 21-04064
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Research Scientist for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The advertised position provides an exciting opportunity to be a member of a highly innovative and collaborative NGS technology development team, in Sequencing Research Group, San Diego.
- As part of the larger Informatics and Predictive Sciences organization at Client, the candidate will play a pivotal role in developing Client genomics assays and platforms, to drive impactful drug discovery programs.
- The candidate will be in the unique position to engage with diverse scientific teams, utilizing enabling genomics tool to solve complex biological questions, with line of sight to benefit patient health.
- The ideal candidate should have direct experience in NGS assay development. The position is for employment on a contract basis for 1 year, with potential to extend or convert.
- Implementation of single cell RNA-seq and CRISPR-based assays using the 10x Genomics platform
- Development and benchmarking of high-throughput RNA-seq assays
- Perform routine cell culture and compound treatment of cells, along with functional assays related to drug response in cell lines
- Work independently and/or in collaboration with other team members on new assay and protocol development
- Develop and edit protocols and standard operating procedures
- Perform a wide variety of basic molecular biology techniques with minimal supervision
- Drive the implementation and utilization of Client genomics assays across diverse research programs
- Foster impactful collaborative genomics initiatives within the organization
- The candidate should have a PhD or Master's degree with several years of experience executing molecular biology and cutting-edge genomics assays
- Strong understanding of RNA-seq, DNA-seq and single cell NGS technologies, with a track record of utilizing such assays
- Experience with assays such as targeted sequencing, multiplex PCR, ddPCR
- Proficiency with CRISPR genomics technologies is desirable
- Understanding of Illumina sequencing data and ability to interpret secondary data analysis metrics
- Competence with standard cell isolation, cell culture, compound treatment, FF and FFPE tissue handling
- Experience with standard molecular biology tools e.g., PCR, qPCR, FACS
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, and ability to analyze and present genomic data
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with systems e.g., Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint systems
- Commit to quality by rigorous and constant evaluation of own work
- Demonstrates adaptability; able to function effectively in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to use technical skills and good time management to perform work efficiently and meet project timelines
- Must be a strong team player with a positive attitude
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Maria Castañeda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.