Eclaro is looking for a Research Associate for an opportunity with our client in Redwood City, CA
Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Bay Road Redwood City, CA 94063
Schedule: 40 hours/week
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or engineering
- 0-4 years related work experience in Automation integration, QA testing, scientific computing, and cell biology workflow.
- Working knowledge of design and coordination of cell-based and homogenous assays
- Experience in automation a plus; previous experience with liquid handling instruments is highly beneficial
- Molecular biology including PCR, genotyping, and gel electrophoresis
- Proficient and in-depth knowledge of Excel/VBA.
- Ability to effectively interpret data from screening readouts (HTRF, FLIPR, high-content imaging) to be able to troubleshoot screens on the fly and communicate findings to technical personnel.
- Experience with laboratory automation/HTS equipment as well as scientific assays and mammalian cell culture is highly desirable.
- Experience working with engineers and scientists to develop new automation platforms is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments closely with assay development team member to apply standard assays for antibody characterization and secondary screening.
- Assays include ELISA, Perkin Elmer alpha-ELISA, flow cytometry (FACs), Fortebio Octet/Red and FMAT.
- General media preparations, reagents, buffers, and standards for homogenous HTRF primary and secondary screening.
- Culture of mammalian cell lines and train new hires in cell culture, aseptic techniques, and hybridoma development
- Follow and adhere to SOP’s and laboratory safety regulations
- Report and present experimental results and analysis to supervisor and department colleagues
- May check quantities of lab supplies and submit orders
- Cross-training and performing production tasks in clean room environment on other systems for plating, feeding, map generation, supernatant picking, and cell picking.
- Cross-training on other systems including cell line development and hybridoma workflow
- Operations may involve alternative shifts
- Work environments requiring manufacturing procedures for sterile production, restricted, and/or hazardous substances, candidate must be capable of standing, lifting, kneeling, bending, etc., for extended periods of time.
If interested, you may contact:
Froilyn Jane BautistaFroilyn.Bautista@eclaro.com(201) 285-8622ECLARO is a company that delivers talent. We provide fully customizable, comprehensive talent acquisition and management of seasoned professionals through a number of business models, including: Consulting, Professional Hire, Global Integrated Delivery™ and Managed Services. ECLARO recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. This approach enables our clients to leverage new opportunities, respond to increased and changing demands and increase their profitability. Please visit www.eclaroIT.com to see why the Right People are The Answer™.Specialties: Customized solutions for Human Capital and Talent Acquisition, Permanent placement and retained search, Recruiting, Staff Augmentation, Contract Labor, Managed Services, RPO, MSP, VMS, IT solutions, management and support, offshore business process outsourcing. Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.Website: http://www.eclaro.com
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000 employees