Job Number: 21-12510
Job Number: 21-12510
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Research Associate for our client in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Perform in vivo physiology experiments with the goal of ameliorating fibrosis across organs with primary focus on lung and liver.
- Experience with in vivo measurement of metabolism and fibrosis markers, most specifically but not limited to lung and liver.
- An understanding of intermediary metabolism and fibrotic pathways is helpful with a proven track record of research highly desirable.
- Experience with tissue processing and biochemical analyses of tissue samples is a key feature of this job.
- Furthermore, experience with ex vivo tissue isolation, processing and analysis is desirable, including histology.
- Data recording and processing (Excel and graphic tools), and appropriate statistical background is required, with in depth knowledge of these facets of research and the ability to effectively communicate results, are essential.
- Ability to work well within a highly integrated team and cross-functionally is a must.
- Good analytical and communication skills required.
- The successful candidate will be an integral part of a highly productive in vivo team discovering agents to treat lung and liver fibrosis (and potentially other fibrotic targets) within a fibrosis department.
- Responsibilities will include: all aspects of in vivo drug discovery from measurement of food intake and body weights, dosing of animals (e.g. p.o., i.p., s.c., i.m.), to measurement of key variables including substrates and hormones.
- The candidate will also be responsible for tissue biochemical analyses as appropriate.
- The ability to integrate knowledge from peers, supervisor and the literature and move this into successful model development is very important.
- The candidate will be responsible for analyzing (using excel, a statistical package and PowerPoint presentation software) and communicating the resulting data to the supervisor and larger research group.
- Education Preferred: Bachelors degree in Biology, Physiology, Pharmacology or related field.
- Years of Experience Preferred: at least 2 years of relevant experience after degree, all experience considered with industry experience preferred.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jane Bautista | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.