Job Number: 21-08235
Job Number: 21-08235
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Research Associate for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Lead Discovery and Optimization Group within Small Molecule Drug Discovery in San Diego focuses on delivering Client therapeutics for disease intervention by engaging E3 ubiquitin ligases for targeted protein degradation. We are seeking a highly driven Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to assist in the identification and characterization of drug candidates for the treatment of human diseases.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to carry out cell-based and molecular assays in support of small molecule discovery for pre-clinical development.
- Design and implementation of high-throughput cell-based reporter assays to characterize drug candidates
- Establish stable cell lines via lent viral transduction and maintain mammalian cell lines
- Conduct routine molecular and cellular experiments including DNA/RNA/protein extraction, immunoblot analysis, and immunoprecipitation
- Assist senior researchers in executing, conducting analyses, and reporting results of experiments
- Familiarity with literature and internal best practices to identify opportunities to improve productivity and quality of work
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and recommend corrective actions for routine problems
- Maintain an accurate, comprehensive, and current laboratory notebook
- Write protocols, procedures and technical reports
- Communicate results via written reports and oral presentations
- BS with 2+ years of experience post-graduation or MS. This position is not available to PhD holders
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, plate-based cellular assays, immunoblotting, lent viral infection, cellular transfection, and basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience with medium and high-throughput screening is highly preferred
- Experience with targeted protein degradation assay is a plus
- Familiarity with automation instruments and multi-mode plate readers
- Outstanding problem-solving and organization skills.
- Effective team player and strong individual contributor
- Self-driven, flexible, pragmatic, and able to handle multiple tasks while delivering high quality data
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
John Bayog | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.