Job Number: 20-00333
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Research Associate for our client in Boulder, CO.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This scientist will be responsible for maintaining and scaling up (=5L) insect cell and E. coli cultures for recombinant protein expressions.
- The individual may also be involved in molecular cloning and basic protein analysis and characterization.
- Knowledge in cell biology and experience in handling cell cultures are essential for this role.
- Passage suspended insect cell cultures
- Generate baculovirus stocks for expressing recombinant proteins in insect cells
- Evaluate and optimize protein expression in insect cells and E. coli
- Multi-liter scale of protein expressions in insect cells and E. coli
- Document and maintain records on constructs, strains, and protein expressions
- Communicate with external vendor for titration services
- Perform molecular cloning and DNA preparation for transfection
- Highly desirable experience includes: E. coli transformation, insect or mammalian cell transfection, and protein expression in fore mentioned hosts, molecular cloning, PCR, gel electrophoresis for DNA and protein analysis, and immunoblotting
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently yet cooperatively; enthusiastic about learning new biology and techniques, and readily apply those learnings to immediate challenges
- BS in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related biological science with experience in handling cell cultures within an industrial or academic research institute (cell culture experience from a lab course does not qualify)
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Maria Castañeda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.