R&D OPS - Medical Communications Execution Specialist Medical Communications Execution Specialist
Medical Communication Specialist
Job Number: 21-14803
Job Number: 21-14803
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Medical Communication Specialist for our client in Lawrence Township, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Oversight of financial and agency partners to whom work is outsourced for the execution of assigned Medical Publications/Scientific Content book of work (e.g., manuscripts, abstracts, posters/oral presentations, and Scientific Content (e.g., Standard Response Documents, slides, Q&As)
- Partner with Publication and Content Leads to ensure efficient and compliant publication planning and tactical execution related to agency and financial aspects
- Lead request for proposal (RFP) initiatives for selection, on-boarding, integration, and assessment of Medical Communication Agency partners
- Provide ongoing direction and guidance to agency partners and participate in agency on-boarding/training sessions and development of tools and resources for the agency partners
- Analyze publication and content-related metrics and reports, and implement appropriate measures to align or realign processes, as needed
- Proactively anticipate challenges and develop/implement effective mitigation and contingency plans
- Collaborate effectively across the matrix to promote transparency and alignments on the assigned portfolio deliverables
- Utilize publication management tools (e.g., Datavision), financial systems (e.g., RPM/SAP, Ariba), and communicate with Agencies to manage financial status
- Oversee portfolio level finances/budgets and participate in cross-functional team (Finance, Commercial, Medical Affairs) discussions to ensure corporate objectives for budget spend are achieved
- Lead activities for annual functional planning, April/September projections and year-end financial discussions, then final reconciliations of agency service orders
- Assess financial health across assigned teams and ensure agency transparency on budget spend
- Co-lead operational aspects to drive Congress Readiness and lead a cross-functional team of Medical colleagues and supporting Agencies team to effectively execute on Key Congress Deliverables. (e.g., congress-specific financial oversight, agency coordination, and onsite activities in partnership with Publication / Content Leads).
- The Medical Communications Execution Specialist reports to the Medical Communication Execution Lead (MCEL) and is accountable for managing projects within a portfolio. In this role, the MCES will partner with the MCEL and the Publication and Content Leads to deliver operational leadership and execution excellence enabling successful delivery of the Medical Publication/Scientific Content book of work.
- Partners with key stakeholders across the matrix to provide strategic input into the delivery of the book of work and plays a key role in partnering with stakeholders to manage the book of work effectively and efficiently.
- BS/BA degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, medical communications agency, or related healthcare industry
- Experience with change leadership and demonstrated success in leading a cross- functional matrix team with excellent organizational, written & oral communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Proven experience effectively managing communication portfolios, budgets, timelines, and identifying resource needs, risks, constraints and implementing strategies to meet changing needs/ requirements
- Ability to think critically and clearly articulate complex concepts
- Track record of success in leading complex projects; demonstrates strong account and project management skills; project management certification (PMP) a plus
- Experience managing project and portfolio budgets, 3rd party vendors, and managing within a matrix organization
- Medical Communications agency experien experience a plus
- Advanced skill level with MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, EXCEL, Outlook)
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.