R&D OPS - Laboratory Animal Technician Laboratory Animal Technician
R&D OPS - Laboratory Animal Technician
Job Number: 21-15533
Job Number: 21-15533
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a R&D OPS - Laboratory Animal Technician for our client in Redwood City, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Veterinary Sciences (VS) department located in Redwood City, CA is seeking a Veterinary Sciences Technician to join a dynamic, fast-paced team.
- The successful candidate will experience a culture that believes in making the animal care and use program a model for the industry, and is focused on providing employees with career development opportunities across many aspects of Research and Development.
- Performs routine and some non-routine work required for the care of laboratory animals. Assist in providing health care for laboratory animals and restraint of animals for veterinary staff and research personnel.
- Provides proper feed and clean caging to laboratory animals and checks drinking water system in assigned areas/rooms daily. Accurately completes room logs, other forms, and records applicable to position on prescribed schedule.
- Monitors environmental parameters, condition of animal rooms and equipment in rooms, and proper functioning of mechanical systems (e.g., HVAC, lighting, automatic drinking water system) in assigned areas/rooms daily.
- Operates cage washers, autoclaves, and other equipment as assigned. Performs equipment and facility maintenance tasks.
- Participates in training and education programs as required.
- Follows operational procedures in the performance of daily tasks, and works cooperatively with others (VS staff and researchers) to achieve individual, department and business goals.
- Manages and maintains rodent breeding colonies.
- Under supervision, may assist with writing new or revised procedures.
- Observes animal behavior and health and reports any concerns to veterinary staff.
- Individual will have basic knowledge of the species housed on site, rodent breeding and basic technical skills (dosing, blood collections, etc.).
- Individual will have demonstrated ability to understand and follow SOPs and to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Individual will have demonstrated ability to follow directions, communicate effectively, and work well in a team environment.
- Individual will have demonstrated the physical stamina and dexterity needed to handle laboratory animals, including species that may be difficult to work with, and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Be proficient in using email, basic Microsoft office applications and department assigned mobile computer devices.
- Experience Responsibility and minimum number of years: Individual must have a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in laboratory animal science.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jay Lucas | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.