R&D - NICHE - R&D - NICHE R&D - NICHE
R&D - Niche
Job Number: 21-15532
Job Number: 21-15532
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a R&D - Niche for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Client is seeking a customer service oriented member of the biology laboratory operations team. This position is dedicated to supporting scientific staff in their execution of a diverse portfolio of drug discovery projects conducted in multiple biological laboratories at Clients San Diego campus.
- A qualified candidate has a minimum of a BS in a biologic discipline such as cell or molecular biology, with 3-6 years progressive working experience as a bench scientist.
- Laboratory management/support experience a plus.
- Support or Intern management experience also a plus.
- Knowledge, both theoretical and practical, of basic experimental biology, biological nomenclature and familiarity with common biology laboratory practices such as cell culture is needed.
- A good understanding of basic laboratory safety practices and facility with the use and maintenance of standard biology lab instrumentation required.
- Under direction of a Manager, the Associate Manager will help represent laboratory operations by interfacing with site facilities team to maintain the working environment including utilities changes or repairs, and with shipping and receiving staff for equipment and supplies.
- They will work closely with Employee Health and Safety to maintain a safe working environment and with scientific staff to ensure compliance with best laboratory safety practices.
- The Associate Manager will work with his/her supervisors and staff to support space planning and help develop safe and efficient work procedures.
- As such, the incumbent must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills and the ability to establish priorities, meet multiple and frequently changing deadlines with flexibility and the ability to organize, analyze, and calculate.
- Good verbal, written, and electronic communication skills that facilitate professional and effective interaction with a diverse population are expected.
- The incumbent will help maintain the organization of general laboratories and tissue culture suites; Majority of their time will be spent working with vendors and service personnel to effect timely repair, routine calibration and maintenance of equipment, assisting scientists with procurement of supplies and equipment, and interfacing with IT staff to maintain laboratory informatics.
- Will work with manager to help coordinate and organize efforts of Laboratory Operations support staff members to ensure support services are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Will work with shipping and receiving, Employee Health and Safety, and other lab managers to support chemical inventory reconciliation efforts and implement best practices according to corporate guidelines.
- On an as needed basis must be willing to support laboratory operations staff with stocking, cleaning, organizing, disposal, and maintenance when needed.
- They may assist with tracking systems to help manage biological sample inventories such as cell lines and tissue banks. The individual in this role will be expected to respond, on a rotating basis with other staff, to equipment failure alarms (including after hours) as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge and application for biology laboratory instrumentation.
- Support metrology services for laboratory equipment, maintain and audit laboratory assets in asset management software on a quarterly basis, interface with service personnel to effect calibration and repair
- Develop and maintain working procedures/best practices for responsibilities and lab support processes.
- Maintain supplies of, and stock, laboratories with commonly used supplies (tips, centrifuge tubes, flasks, cell culture flasks, serological pipettes, etc.) and assist lab support personnel with stocking, cleaning, (including glass wash and autoclaving) and managing laboratory waste.
- Maintain sufficient working knowledge of common instrumentation to train scientific staff on use, daily maintenance and safe working procedures
- Work with Dept. Representatives to ensure accuracy and inventory control in liquid nitrogen freezers and other biospecimen repositories
- Maintain relationship with primary vendors for ordering lab supplies and support. Facilitate use of vendors to assist researchers with assay development and new equipment optimization. Help organize vendor shows and demonstrations.
- Interface with IT and scientific staff to ensure continuity of the lab compute environment (ensure updates to equipment specific software and hardware are timely and compatible with corporate systems)
- Support tissue culture labs with general cleaning, stocking and waste management
- Coordinate performance of regular prevention and remediation of bacterial and other contaminations including monthly testing for mycoplasma on lab surfaces and in incubators
- Maintain chemical inventories for all biological functions, Immunology, Biochemistry, Toxicology and Histopathology, manage disposal of unused/expired chemicals, interact with waste disposal vendor
- Help manage equipment moves, bench and equipment assignments or changes for contractors and ftes.
- Work with facilities on laboratory needs such as electrical, reconfiguration, equipment moves and data drops.
- Help train laboratory assistants to provide services including: stocking, ordering, troubleshooting equipment, freezer defrosting, liquid nitrogen tank maintenance, reagent prep, etc. that would assist the researchers in the laboratory.
- Participate in safety walks through of the laboratories to inspect the laboratories and encourage an overall safe working environment. Suggest improvements in the laboratories, where appropriate.
- Help maintain electronic pipette inventory and calibration.
- Maintain schedule for defrosting freezers, maintaining incubators.
- Be available to researchers to answer questions and find answers through research, or web searchers. Maintain a willingness to help resolve lab issues to the satisfaction of all parties.
- On a rotating basis with other operations personnel be on 24 hour notification for failure alarms on incubators, deli boxes, refrigerators, -20 freezers, -80 freezers.
- Respond to emergencies involving these same units no matter time of day and day of the week.
- Basic knowledge of experimental biology and associated nomenclature
- Familiarity with the use and applications of common laboratory equipment
- Able to solve routine problems and troubleshoot technical issues
- Working knowledge of laboratory safety practices.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite of programs including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to learn use of new software applications such as inventory management and purchasing software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.