Start your career in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an/a Quantitative Developer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is a global bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking and treasury services across more than 70 countries worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Development of quantitative analytics; software engineering; software design and architecture; overall design and implementation of a wide range of financial software across FX, IR, commodities and credit asset classes.
- Strats are generalist software engineers. As a Strat you will be involved in all of: software design; architecture specification; project management; implementation; requirements gathering; research engineering; devops.
- You will work on the trading floor, directly with traders, building software to automate their work and improve their efficiency
- The role is highly development focused and you will use Haskell for almost all tasks: data analysis, market data publishing, database access, web services, desktop GUIs, large parallel tasks, quantitative models, solvers, everything
- This is a fast paced role – code you write today will be deployed within hours to hundreds of users and has to work
- Demonstrated experience in typed FP (Haskell, OCaml, F# etc) is required
- We have around 2.5 million lines of Haskell, and our own Haskell compiler
- In this context we look for skill in typed functional programming to capture and abstract over complex systems
- Experience writing typed APIs to external systems such as databases, web services, pub/sub platforms is very desirable
- We like working code, so if you have Hackage or github libraries, we definitely want to see them
- We also like StackOverflow answers, academic papers, or other arenas where you can show broad FP ability
- You have some project and client management skills — you will talk to users, understand their problems and then implement and deliver what they really need
- PhD in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent 4+ years of experience, including use of Haskell in a production environment
- Haskell or other typed functional programming language (F#, OCaml)
- Computer science background
- Software design
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at Adrian.Miranda@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.