Job number: 20-00686
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Quant Strategist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and modeling projects.
- Responsible for developing new models, analytic processes or systems approaches.
- Creates documentation for all activities and works with Technology staff in design of any system to run models developed.
- Incumbents possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills and a broad knowledge of financial markets and products
- The Muni strats group part of the FICC Quantitative Strategies group is seeking a quantitative strategist to join the team in New York.
- The team is responsible for the research, development and delivery of quantitative methods to inform and enhance the trading decisions of the municipal bond trading desk.
- The role requires a combination of quantitative, business and technical expertise and as such requires close co-operation with our partners in trading and technology.
- Developing, testing and documenting algorithms to price municipal bonds
- Enhancing existing infrastructure and algorithms
- Developing and maintaining tools to inform hedging and trading decisions
- Liaising regularly with traders to understand their requirements
- Analyzing potentially large data sets to understand and predict market and client behaviors
- Academic background at Masters/PhD level in a quantitative subject (Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other analytical background)
- Experience of Java or C++
- Experience of designing, building, and managing production systems and knowledge of underlying infrastructures beneficial
- Previous experience of financial markets, municipal bond trading advantageous, but not a pre-requisite
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Good problem solving skills and pragmatic approach
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex ideas clearly
- Excellent communication skills
If interested, you may contact:
Merly Villanueva | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.