QSP Research Scientist
QSP Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-00456
Job Number: 21-00456
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a QSP Research Scientist for our client in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Immunology Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) group is searching for a highly motivated scientist to develop and apply innovative translational modeling & simulation approaches in the Immunology disease area.
- QSP models are mathematical models that are used to integrate knowledge and data on disease pathophysiology and drug pharmacology in a mechanistic manner.
- This enables hypothesis testing and generation in target discovery, translational pharmacology and clinical drug development.
- This position is an exciting opportunity to broadly impact critical decision making in the progression of multi-target drug R&D in Immunology.
- The successful scientist will be working on a highly stimulating and collaborative environment with biologists, clinicians, pharmacometricians, translational medicine scientists, and in-house QSP modelers.
- Drive development and application of Client QSP Immunology models to facilitate back-translation efforts from internal late development programs.
- Function as part of team to develop and rigorously assess the functionality, feasibility, efficiency and validity of new models.
- Conduct extensive literature review to identify suitable mechanistic elements, interactions, rate constants and sub-modules for incorporation into larger systems (pharmacodynamic & efficacy) models.
- Leverage algorithms for parameter optimization and sensitivity analysis.
- Analyze model predictions and identify suitable strategies to resolve issues (whenever occur) pertaining to model performance and inaccuracy.
- Network as appropriate with experts in Translational Medicine, Discovery Biology, Clinical Development, and other groups to share learnings that maximize the translational value of QSP modeling.
- Participate in internal scientific (QSP-related) discussions.
- Build and maintain QSP expertise through a personal track record of publication, attendance/participation in conferences, scientific workshops, etc.
- Excellent understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modeling and simulation, including numerical methods, parameter estimation/optimization, and ordinary differential equations (ODEs).
- Experience in building, validating and using QSP models or deterministic models of biological pathways/systems to support basic science and/or translational clinical research would be particularly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with scientists in other disciplines with a positive, collegial and collaborative attitude.
- Hands-on experience with modeling software like MATLAB is required.
- Experience with general programming and data analysis tools/languages such as R would be particularly desirable.
- Ability to learn new areas of biological sciences and build on solid foundation of quantitative skills to develop mechanistic disease/pharmacology models.
- Good understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Candidates with previous (academic or industry) experience in QSP or a closely related field are highly encouraged to apply.
- Degree requirements: Ph.D. in Engineering, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Pharmacometrics, Systems Biology/Pharmacology or a related field with a proven record of productivity as demonstrated by publications and conference presentations.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Paul Quibuyen | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.