QSP Research Scientist
QSP Research Scientist
JobDiva # 20-08250
JobDiva # 20-08250
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a QSP Research Scientist for our client in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The scientist in this role will work in the solid tumor Immuno-Oncology Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (I-O QSP) group to further develop established disease-level QSP models and apply them to support decisions in clinical development.
- The modeling and simulation scientist in this role will be responsible for I-O QSP model development, model application, and will also work on algorithm and tool development.
- The goals for algorithm and tool development will include improvements to scripted QSP toolboxes through continued development of virtual population calibration algorithms, global sensitivity analysis tools, and additional functions for common workflows to make their application more robust.
- The scientist may also work on parameter estimation, machine learning, omics data analysis strategies, development of mechanistic sub-models, and improving efficiency with high-throughput computing resources as needed (clusters with >1000 compute cores).
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams to develop and apply QSP models to aid in target prioritization, therapeutic modality selection, chemical/biotherapeutic optimization, biomarker characterization and clinical trial design.
- Drive the development and application of QSP disease models in I-O.
- Improvement of QSP algorithms and tools.
- Maintaining an active relationship with colleagues in the broader Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics community at Client.
- Networking as appropriate with experts in Discovery Biology, Translational Medicine, Non-Clinical PK/PD and other groups to share learnings and enhance consistency in best practices.
- Working with external collaborators to accelerate the internal QSP efforts.
- Participate in internal scientific discussions to enhance QSP models, algorithms, and workflows.
- Minimum: Ph.D. (or M.S. with 5+ more years experience) in mathematics, engineering, physics, computer science or other related field.
- Previous industry experience in QSP or a closely related field
- Experience of utilizing ordinary different equations (ODEs) to describe biological phenomenon is required.
- Experience with the development of large mechanistic models in SimBiology is preferable.
- Experience with scientific programming and data analysis tools/languages such as MATLAB, R, Python, etc is required.
- Experience developing scripted tools in MATLAB, debugging, and working with version-controlled packages is preferable.
- Experience working with omics and related high-dimensional datasets as well as understanding of common normalization and hypothesis testing strategies is preferable.
- Knowledge of immunology
- Excellent understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modeling and simulation.
- Ability to learn new areas of biological sciences and build on solid foundation of quantitative skills to develop QSP models.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with and propose the implementation of scientific and technological developments in the area of QSP and systems biology.
- Hands-on experience with modeling software like Matlab/SimBiology, JDesigner/Systems Biology Workbench, Entelos PhysioLab Platform, DBSolve, etc.
- Desire to interact as a modeling and simulation expert with matrix project teams working closely with experts from different functional areas (pre-clinical and clinical).
- Candidates with experience in QSP platform application and virtual population development
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
John Bayog | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.