|Reference # :||16-10252||Title :||Python Developer|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||11/29/2016|
| Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a Mid to Senior level Python Developer for one of our financial services clients.|
The position is in a quant research and trading group. This is an opportunity to join a small team of experienced professionals working with the latest technology and learn the business. The candidate's primary responsibility will be to assist with the development of research and trading applications. The candidate is expected to help enhance and improve the existing processes, contribute to group discussions, and come up with creative ideas on solving problems. The candidate should be familiar with the latest technologies and should have experience in working with real-time market data, an understanding of CPU architecture, and measuring and reducing network latency. The team is using Python and generally prefers open-source tools. The group uses various market data feeds from vendors such as Bloomberg. They also use the Berkeley Labs Scientific Cluster and have built their own internal cluster for distributed computing. For the right candidate, there will be opportunities for growth, and additional responsibilities will be given depending on how quickly the systems are learned.
· Ability to code using Python is a must. C++ is preferred as an additional language.
· Help develop functionality and make additional code changes based on specifications.
· Work toward improving existing applications.
· Ability to profile, measure, and reduce latency on applications.
· Take ownership of assigned tasks.
· Handle any after-hours support if necessary.
Skills & Experience Required
· Experience Level: 5-10yrs.
· Python (Numpy, Pandas).
· C++ or Java.
· Familiar with distributed technologies like Apache Storm, Celery, Hadoop, or Slurm.
· Messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, JMS, or Kafka.
· NoSQL and in-memory databases such as Redis, MongoDB, etc.
· Familiarity with Bloomberg APIs like Bpipe.
· Some exposure to Web Frameworks like Flask, Node.js, Angular, React, EmberJS.