Project Scheduler I
Project Scheduler I
JobDiva # 20-07736
JobDiva # 20-07736
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Project Scheduler I for our client in Groton, CT.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior Associate, Project Planner applies skills and general drug development knowledge to contribute to the achievement of team goals and is responsible for the generation, management, and maintenance of high quality project schedules associated with the drug development teams supporting the operational/strategic delivery of new medicines to patients.
- He/she may support several different types of schedules in support of a clinical development plan, which may include but are not limited to: medicine, candidate/indication, clinical studies, end game/submission, and product launch planning.
- The Senior Associate, Project Planner possesses a general knowledge/understanding of drug development, resource management concepts, associated business processes, and project planning software and plays a key role in scenario planning, i.e., building schedule options and generating study cost estimates.
- Responsible for performing important project planning activities in support of team deliverables and the GPD portfolio.
- To effectively execute the primary responsibilities, the Senior Associate, Project Planner may work within a cross-functional team environment supporting moderately complex projects but may also assist a more senior Project Planner or Asset PM in support of more complex project deliverables.
- The colleague partners with the Asset PM and team members in support of Development, Operations, and Commercial project team members and partner line representatives to create project schedules that enable effective planning and ensure project delivery.
- The colleague must possess knowledge of the principles and concepts of project management.
- The colleague is expected to apply technical and team knowledge along with scheduling knowledge to contribute to the achievement of team and GPD deliverables.
- Planning/Controlling (Scheduling and Resource Management)
- Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and reporting project schedule and resource management information to enable alignment of GPD and partner line schedules and FTE/dollar resources. These schedules include:
- The cross-functional schedules (Product Group and Candidate Plans) that integrate schedule information across all lines supporting GPD at all stages of the development continuum.
- Clinical study plans (Protocol Development to Final Clinical Study Report) and Clinical Operation Submission activities to support Module 1 and 5 of the submission plan.
- Identifies and raises schedule conflicts, risks, and resource peaks/troughs appropriately for resolution.
- Directly participates in and contributes to cross-functional and functional teams to discuss, review, and optimize protocol/project/program schedules and study cost estimates.
- Monitors progress of project activities towards next project milestone, anticipates and highlights potential variances, supports line/team in critical path analyses and understanding the impact.
- Performs scenario planning of project timelines within and across protocols and across disease area/portfolio to enable optimum use of local, global, and outsourced resources to ensure efficient delivery of project milestones.
- Contributes to the validation of resource information at the project level with the project teams.
- Project Execution and Delivery:
- Partners with key team members (e.g., PPM, Medicinal Sciences, CS&O, DSRD, Commercial) to manage the project and achieve key milestones according to the endorsed timeline, cost, and quality parameters.
- Supports negotiations in the allocation of line resources to support the endorsed development plan.
- Contributes to risk management through the identification of operational and project/program risks for discussion with appropriate team leadership. Participates in team discussions to de-risk projects and develop new options to resolve moderately complex issues.
- Provides the Portfolio Management group with project schedule information to enable effective portfolio management activities.
- Analysis & Reporting:
- Produces what-if scenario analyses (base, optimistic and pessimistic development) based on context obtained from project team members (e.g. PPM, Medicinal Sciences, CS&O, DSRD, Commercial). Decisions taken by the team based on these analyses may impact project delivery, costs, and resource requirements.
- Reviews own work regarding quality of schedule and resource metadata through utilization of quality reports and monitoring/management of such data with the team/line members.
- Provides timely reporting to the Asset PM, Portfolio Management, and project teams, alerting them to the possibility of endangered/missed or conflicting milestones and critical path activities.
- Ensures regular information updates and analysis and interpretation of planning and forecasting data to project teams, Portfolio Management, platform lines, and management teams.
- Utilizes available reporting and visualization tools to support governance and team reporting needs (e.g. OnePager, Business Objects, Spotfire).
- Provides context to local customers of reports generated globally and consolidates customer feedback to enable improvement of existing reports and generation of new reports.
- Partners with project team members (e.g. PPM, Medicinal Sciences, CS&O, DSRD, Commercial) to identify opportunities and potential solutions to realize efficiency in the development process.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of project plans, plan generation, plan utilization, and/or report creation/development processes.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure cross-team, site learnings, and best practices are shared.
- Promotes partner lines/teams taking ownership of data within planning tools to help them manage their business.
- Beneficial Relevant Capabilities
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not required
- Experienced in end-game/regulatory submission planning and/or product launch planning
- Experienced with planning and resource forecasting tools (e.g., MS Project, Planisware, OnePager)
- Experienced user of reporting and office software (e.g., MS Office, Business Objects, Spotfire)
- Trained/experienced in negotiation, facilitation and managing cross-functional team dynamics
- Must be technically proficient (Office 365 + Microsoft Project)
- Drug Development knowledge highly preferred
- Presentation & attention to detail
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jane Bautista | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.