Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Project Manager for our client in Milpitas, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Senior Project Manager will support the Project Management Office leading both internal and external projects by managing communications and expectations with the customer as well as achieving goals and managing the project budget. From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering-centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
- The Senior Project Manager will act as a mentor to Project Managers and have the ability to take on complex Projects at the Client’s strategic accounts.
- Run complex projects/programs from design and development to production
- Define requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment
- Work with Service Directors to define resource requirements and determine schedules for project implementation
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals and milestones
- Direct and oversee project engineering team and manage conflicts within group
- Perform team assessments and evaluations
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively
- Hold regular status meetings with project team
- Demonstrate leadership to define requirements for project risk
- Work with Presales to develop Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for external services
- Manage and maintain technical and project documentation
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects and scope of projects
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Effectively apply the Client’s methodology and enforce project standards
- Minimize exposure and risk on projects
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- Manage project budget
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project
- Follow-up with clients regarding unpaid invoices, as necessary
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margin, bill rates and utilization
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Assure legal project documents are completed and signed
- Identify business development and "add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project
- Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel that fosters client ties
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change.
- Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Expert Knowledge of PMBOK, Six Sigma
- Professional demeanor and good communication skills
- Understand revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections; make decisions accordingly
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business, Engineering, Technology or related field
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of project management or IT Management experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience coordinating and/supporting IT business processes
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Tim Cusick at Tim.Cusick@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.