Job Number: 21-02334
Job Number: 21-02334
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Project Manager for our client in Philadelphia, PA.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Product Owner (PO) Senior Advisor is a role that requires a candidate with strong software analysis, solution design, and project management experience.
- The PO will be responsible for defining User Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to align with program priorities.
- Furthermore, the PO will also drive product and solution efforts for medium/small work streams. As such, the idea candidate should be effective in engaging cross-organizational team members and navigate groups through solution formation and implementation approach definition.
- In this highly-visible role, the PO will partner with multiple IT and business units to understand capabilities and priorities to envision and define the ideal future state technology solutions.
- Engage cross-functional stakeholders to define and prioritize technology solutions and define and prioritize features and user stories.
- Size efforts, identifying dependencies, and determine required skills sets and roles required to deliver.
- Partner with non-IT groups to define clear acceptance criteria, understand business drivers, and ensure solution adoption
- Facilitate communication between delivery groups within a Value Stream.
- Envision and build delivery management artifacts using various tools including, Confluence, JIRA, Rally, and PowerPoint to track, manage, and communicate.
- Manage and track team backlogs.
- Maintain and share relevant metrics that give teams and stakeholders visibility into their performance.
- Drive continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt (I&A).
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies such as story grooming, sprint planning, release planning, sprint retrospective, demo, and product backlog review.
- Drive all committed user stories through completion during sprints.
- Support the Scrum team and stakeholders in collaboratively negotiating scope and delivery schedule.
- Ensure the current state of the sprint/release is accurately and clearly represented in Rally, and provides status updates to business and IT stakeholders.
- Define PI and sprint objectives.
- Monitor daily issues impacting the team; facilitate resolutions and escalation as necessary.
- Help implement improvements identified during sprint retrospectives.
- Manage inter-dependencies with teams across the organization, as needed.
- Exemplary Written and Verbal Communications.
- Prompt, timely, and transparent.
- Well thought out from a broad range of perspectives.
- Productive, solutions-oriented communications.
- Tailors messages to be specific to the audience.
- Drives the right action.
- Promotes engagement and commitment.
- Dealing with ambiguity and problem solving.
- Negotiation and tactful influencing skills at all levels required.
- Advanced Presentation/Facilitation skills required.
- A demonstrated leadership style that achieves clear vision and direction.
- Adept at aligning priorities across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Fosters a positive environment so all feel supported and heard.
- Creates sense of ownership among team members and all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates curiosity about, and conveys understanding of, context. Ensures messages drive the right action and/or awareness.
- Enthusiasm to engage, even with dissenting viewpoints. Fosters a similarly enthusiastic culture of collaboration within and across teams.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter.
- 7+ years in Project Ownership within a large, matrixed organization.
- Tangible record of successfully delivering large scale solutions within IT.
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies required.
- Proven extensive experience within IT SDLC including but not limited to: Scope management, Quality Management, Financial / Budget Management, Implementation Activities, and Life-cycle components such as business analysis, design, testing, release management.
- Experience building complex Agile and Program artifacts including team backlogs, epics, features, user stories, issues/risk log, and contingency plans, etc.
- Experience with tools such as Clarity PPM, Rally, Jira, etc. preferred.
- Strong detailed analytical skills.
- Ability to stay very organized while managing multiple tasks and activities.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Carlo Flores | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.