Job Number: 19-03678
Progress on your journey to success! Eclaro is looking for a Project Manager for our client in Chicago, IL.
Eclaro’s client is a global firm that provides superior infrastructure management and financial services to their clients via low-latency networking and advanced technologies. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Project Manager (PM) role within our Global Delivery Management department in Chicago.
- The Project Manager will work closely with clients and/or teams across the firm to assess and document requirements, construct high-level project plans, coordinate delivery and communicate status of various initiatives. The Project Manager will be expected to become a Subject Matter Expert on any project to which they are assigned, and will be the point of contact for status, timelines, and risk factors of their projects to all stakeholder.
- The Project Manager will have a strong IT technical understanding and be able to effectively guide decisions, manage and resolve conflicting demands and time pressure constraints
- Liaising on regular basis with clients and technical teams across the business and internationally to deliver highly business critical and complex solutions for global clients.
- Liaise effectively with the Account Management and technical teams (SME's) to clearly define project deliverables.
- Participate in requirements-gathering sessions with clients and/or internal teams to document all requirements, assumptions, decisions, risks and actions
- Lead the project(s) and make necessary decisions to effectively prioritize approved project work based on critical paths, tasks outstanding, key dependencies, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines paying attention to project constraints (scope, cost and resources).
- Translate complicated concepts into clear documentation for a general audience
- Create / maintain regular proactive communications (verbally and / or in writing) to ensure effective delivery, project risk mitigation and traceability with client's key stakeholders and resources (including but not limited to):
- Creating / maintaining and sharing Project plans
- Progress calls / written communication with clients, internal teams responsible for various aspects of projects and members of the team responsible for delivery.
- Project planning calls and written commination with Engineering teams (Network, Systems, Data Centre and Implementation)
- Interface with technical teams to coordinate resourcing and produce detailed project plans
- Effectively translate requirements into presentations and/or specification documents for use by Account Management and / or Senior Management.
- Evaluate all key project deliverables, as well as final product, to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and customer acceptance
- Perform business analysis tasks such as current state assessments, product research, process flow mapping, software testing, vendor assessment, etc.
- Able to appropriately set expectations to both internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively navigate the organization to deliver each component of complex projects while holding internal resources accountable for their deliverables
- Lead regular calls with the clients to update them of delivery progress
- Assess and coordinate cross-teams to mitigate project risks and overcome roadblocks
- Lead the team(s) to prioritize approved project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Ideally a graduate with a minimum of 5 years' successful relevant experience
- Basic understanding of managed infrastructure services
- Financial market awareness including areas such as Exchange products and technologies, market participants and regulatory requirements.
- Technology minded with foundation understanding of Hosting/Network/Systems/Software/IT Operations and their interoperation
- Experience working in the FinTech sector preferred
If interested, you may contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.