Duration: W2 Contract until 11/19/2018 with a possibility of extension
*not for sponsorship or subcontract to another employer
Location: Onsite position in Pleasant Garden, NC
- Seeking a Network Engineer to join our cloud team in the USA.
- The successful candidate will design and facilitate technical buildout of network infrastructure on Softlayer environments, including installation and configuration of load balancers, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Vyatta, and Fortinet Gateways/Firewalls.
- The candidate will serve as level 2 technical support for Network Services Team diagnosing and repairing network related issues both on Softlayer environments and Legacy Data centers environments.
- The candidate will perform remote steady state support after service migration, including maintaining network configuration information, network Security compliance and network changes related to deployment of new releases.
- Service delivery processes, tools and procedures
- Provide assistance to Cloud offering migrating to Softlayer in determining the appropriate Domain Name System (DNS), load balancing, redundancy, and fail over requirements for their Cloud applications.
- Design the required firewall configurations (including Vyatta firewalls where needed)
- Configure High Availability (HA) on Vyattas
- Configure Routing
- Inter-data center connectivity (via VPN tunnels)
- Managing Content Caching and Content Path Optimization Services (Akamai)
- Operating System (OS) patching and update decisions on Vyattas
- Fortinet firewall rule management
- Vyatta firewall rules management
- Configure Virtual Local Area Network (VLANs) on Vyattas
- Strong Network Troubleshooting skills
- Vulnerability scan, security and audit resolution
- Experience with 2 and 3 tier network models and firewall rules
- Change Management and Problem Management process knowledge and compliance
- Assist with communications. These communications include, service provider change requests submissions, clarification and implementations (Vendor relationship Management: SoftLayer)
- Develop and document repeatable models and Softlayer migration engagement materials.
- Shell scripting to facilitate process automation
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Vyatta (preferred) or Fortigate (preferred)
- Cisco, Juniper
- Load Balancers (F5)
- Shell scripting
Interested applicants can send resumes to: