Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Production Support for our client in Chicago, IL.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Position is for a role in core technical support team for a number of large, distributed financial trading systems. Candidates must have the willingness to do support, process automation, and some aspects of support tool development. Some non-standard hours and weekend shifts are expected.
- Technical support for investment banking trading applications
- Provide technical troubleshooting, configuration and deployment for both the applications and their underlying infrastructure
- Partner with India L2 support teams to support users across the globe
- Automate and streamline support processes
- Strong problem diagnosis skills
- Strong desire to jump in and investigate issues, resolve problems, and communicate status
- Ability to work as part of a team - Candidate will work closely with both the desk support, Front office and Development Organization
- Monitor Production environments and batch job runs
- Assess criticality of defects as it relates to application and business impact
- Document daily issues for handover call. Document timelines in case of major outages
- Identify and document application issues, raise and respond to tickets, recreate the issues, resolve them or escalate issues developers if needed
- Work with developers to analyze and identify root cause of application defects for remediation
- Work closely with management and other team members to meet project objectives and maintain maximum uptime
- Drive standardization for new onboarding processes and controls
- Assist in project management, delivering of ASD change projects, and enhancement for our controls
- Experience with hands-on support of trading systems based on a service-oriented architecture (2 years minimum)
- UNIX admin and/or scripting (2 years minimum)
- Strong SQL - debugging Stored Procedures
- Experience with Perl/Python.
- Cross-platform OS/infrastructure experience
- Understanding of networking protocols, TCP/IP
- JMS and Sybase
- Experience in a large financial institution
- Understand rates and credit derivatives, risk management and trading strategies
- Must to be able to communicate crisply and clearly both from a verbal and written perspective
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent work ethic - willing to be on-call nights/weekend
- Must be able to work autonomously and independently solve problems when needed
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at Adrian.Miranda@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.