Product Governance Manager
Bank on a company that will help you reach your career goals. Eclaro is looking for a Product Governance Manager for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest banking firms in the world, with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Product Governance Manager will provides and drives HBUS Product Governance for Commercial Banking (CMB), including control over product availability. It also has oversight of the Sales Suitability programme in HBUS. Lending Product Management actively manages and supports the delivery of loan products to our clients through all stages of their life cycle to ensure consistent delivery of fair outcomes for CMB customers while optimizing returns on investment and capital.
The Product Governance Manager is responsible for providing oversight over all products from a governance and suitability perspective offered to CMB customers, including lending products. HBUS Product Manager role is responsible for the strategic implementation of the overall CMB L&TM Product Management based on the agreed product strategy for wholesale lending products aligned to GCMB propositions, segmentation and participation models. The current role requirements includes providing necessary support for the implementation of key strategic projects related to transformation in the delivery of products to and fair outcomes for CMB Customers.
In addition, the iProduct Governance Manager s responsible for supporting the HBUS CMB Head of Product and senior members of the CMB Product team on the strategic implementation of overall CMB L&TM Product Management based on the agreed product strategy for lending products (e.g. Commercial Lending Products: Packaged lending products, Term loans, and Commercial Finance Products: Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Mortgages, Structured Finance, etc.) aligned to lending product governance, GCMB propositions, segmentation, participation models, Sales Suitability and CMB Conduct programs.
The role holder is responsible for providing analytical support to senior management within CMB Product team including preparing project documentation and monitoring key project deliverables.
- Support management of the HBUS CMB Product Governance Framework and Sales Suitability program, with the HBUS Head of Product.
- Own specific initiatives related to the evolution of the Product Governance Framework, and its principle elements, which include establishing visibility and oversight on strategy and risk management of products and engaging in derisking of the business.
- Support the preparation of business papers and training materials to support the execution and embedding of Product Governance in HBUS
- Ensures strategic alignment of US CMB with Global and US imperatives such as our Sales Suitability and Conduct Programs.
- Contributes towards development, assessment and implementation of strategic/transformation initiatives across the business and tracks benefits
- Ensures effective communication and understanding of the strategic transformation/agenda
- Provides governance recommendations & guidelines for project initiation
- Build and manage relationships with related Product Partners, Segments, CMB Regions and Functions to deliver effective HBUS Product Governance and Sales Suitability across CMB
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Ensures close and effective working relationships with key stakeholders: Global, Regional and Country CMB (Business lines/segments); HTS (IT, Change Delivery); Global functions (e.g. Risk, Finance); RBWM
- Provides expert implementation support for key projects, including ensuring delivery to high standards, ensuring world class governance, effective engagement of key stakeholders and promotion of collaboration and the application of best practices across CMB
- Recommends and manages effective governance mechanisms for decision making and for appropriate escalation of information to line & senior management
- Support achievement of the Client vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of Client and its customers.
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with Client's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of Client and market best practice.
- Communicate and adhere to Client policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the Client Values and culture and adhering to Client risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
The Product Governance Manager is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the 'Three Lines of Defense'. He/She should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HClient's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities the jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (preferred)
- Broad commercial banking experience, preferably with 2-3 years in a product role or Commercial Banking Relationship Management or Portfolio Management role
- Knowledge of Credit & risk policy and Regulated sales environment
- Effective negotiation skills, with the ability to influence decision making and decision makers
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strategic awareness and commercial acumen
- Ability to extract data from large information received through varied sources to manipulate/calculate/format into presentable reports, charts and graphs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Visio
- Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed capacity to influence senior teams
- Highly developed communication, presentation and influencing skills set.
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work independently under pressure within a team environment
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve complex problems whilst managing ambiguity, adhering to timelines and ensuring high quality of output.
- Ability to filter and prioritize multiple demands, resolve conflicts, and develop consensus
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to think innovatively while retaining a strong focus on customer-centricity
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Tony Viterbo at Tony@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.