Principal Veterinary Scientist
Principal Veterinary Scientist
Job Number: 21-05227
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Principal Veterinary Scientist for our client in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsibilities include maintaining high quality health care and records for all laboratory animals; assisting with experimental protocol design and review of IACUC protocols; providing professional consultations and scientific support to investigators; participating in the rodent health monitoring and vendor animal health quality assurance programs; providing supervision of veterinary scientists; implementing staff training and development to support regulatory compliance; participation in a rotating on-call schedule for weekend, holiday, and emergency coverage; performing or providing oversight of surgical procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to animal welfare, promotion and transparency of biomedical research, the 3Rs, and will be actively engaged in the Client Culture of Care. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate and model strong collaborative skills across sites and teams.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience working independently on clinical veterinary cases and be able to assist with training staff on the veterinary care and husbandry of research animals as mandated by federal law, regulations, accreditation standards and policies as set by the IACUC.
- This position will require the employee to work with chemical, radiological, or biological agents that may be hazardous to health if mishandled. Employees will be required to follow all safety procedures and use personal protective clothing/equipment where specified.
- DVM or VMD or equivalent plus a current license to practice veterinary medicine in the US
- Understanding of the biology and medicine of laboratory animals as acquired by completion of a post-doctoral program in laboratory animal medicine or another veterinary specialty is strongly desired
- Applicable clinical experience with a wide range of species
- Practical understanding of the use of personal protective equipment to prevent injuries and exposure to zoonotic agents
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills and ability to reach independent, reasoned solutions
- Ability to successfully collaborate and develop effective working relationships with research and VS staff from diverse educational and technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines for the care and use of laboratory animals is strongly desired.
- Board certification or board eligibility from the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM) or other recognized AVMA specialty certification is preferred.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
John Bayog | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.