Principal EngineerWork where innovation and creativity are rewarded. Eclaro is looking for a Principal Engineer for our client in Portland, OR.
Job Number: 19-09817
Job Number: 19-09817
Eclaro’s client is a leading multinational apparel, footwear and athletic equipment brand. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
We are seeking a high performing Principal Software Engineer to play a critical role in the growth of the TEAM Sports platform, and the innovation of the Sports Marketing platforms. These platforms provide client's athletes, schools, clubs, federations, and leagues access to the on-field and off-field product they need to perform at their best.
In this role, you will be instrumental in driving the teams to deliver innovative and quality services that enable integrated, maintainable, and highly scalable platforms. You will be the champion and ultimately responsible for ensuring our software is of the highest quality. You will be an advocate of new technology and development techniques.
The successful candidate is a proven leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills. You will be expected to leverage your expertise to influence the broader organization's strategy.
The ideal candidate will anticipate future needs of the TEAM Sports and Sports Marketing businesses and drive solutions to those challenges. We don't need you to just code, you must also be able to solve unique and complex problems that have broad impact on the Client’s business. You should be able to persuade a cross functional group of peers to adopt proposed solutions and allocate resources accordingly. Most importantly you must have the depth of knowledge, experience, and passion to deliver solutions that amaze our consumers.
• 6 years of software development experience
• Strong skills in team leadership and building positive relationships across Product and Engineering
• Ability to influence outcomes across loosely coupled teams in a large enterprise
• Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns
• Diverse and deep experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using languages such as Java or Node
• Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (AWS preferred)
• Experience in NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, or similar technologies
• Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, observability, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
• Understanding in agile principles and the Scrum development process
• Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility of complex problems with minimal guidance
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
• Practical approach to solving complex problems with ambiguous requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
If interested, please contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.