Principal Auditor (Financial Risk)
Principal Auditor (Financial Risk)
Help drive change! Eclaro is looking for a Principal Auditor (Financial Risk) for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading global bank stimulating change and innovation in the industry by offering top-notch financial products and services for a wide-range of clients worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The role reports to the Principal Audit Manager for Anti-Financial Crime (AFC), who in turn reports to the Chief Auditor for AFC
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to AFC risks (e.g., KYC, Transaction Monitoring, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Fraud, etc.) in accordance with group audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework
- Assist in conducting AFC risk assessment for the Americas region and contribute to risk assessment/business monitoring conducted at the country level by country Audit Heads
- Undertake audit assignments, draft audit issues for review by audit management, conduct issue tracking and validate closure of issues
- Participate in meetings with business auditors and provide input for business-led audits
- Pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas and work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally
- When required, assist in training other GA staff on AFC topics and oversee execution of the AFC audit program
- Complete all work assigned on a timely basis, including ad hoc projects and special investigations
- Develop and maintain broad regulatory knowledge & experience
- Stay abreast of business/industry changes and their effect on the department's audit plan, methodology and risk assessments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, Juris Doctor) and professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CAMS, CFE, etc.) preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience within financial services in an Internal Audit role covering AFC topics (e.g., AML, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Fraud, etc.) or relevant first/second line AFC experience
- Working knowledge of AML system requirements, understanding of algorithms and scenarios, experience with validating data integrity, mapping fields from source systems to AML software, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the banking risk and control environment, and in-depth knowledge of the regulatory environment specific to AFC
- Professional credentials, including degree level education and relevant professional qualifications
- Proven record of excellent written & verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within Group Audit and with Stakeholders
- The ability to multi-task assignments and prioritize workloads with minimal supervision
- Furthermore, maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards - and the ability to stand your ground when challenged - are key to succeed in this role
- Flexible, pro-active, self-sufficient and innovative, with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of agreed targets and deliver on your commitments within budget, in order to ensure timely and efficient completion of audit projects
- A role model and reference point for your peer group, demonstrating the highest professional and ethical standards in all aspects of the role
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Elland at 201-283-9624 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary