Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Performance Engineer for our client in Jersey City, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a full-service bank providing a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, retail banking, and wealth management solutions with offices across the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that any applications deployed will properly scale and meet expected SLAs for Performance, Availability, Scalability and Stability.
- Perform APM tuning of applications in development and critical production applications as well as to provide 3rd level performance support.
- Provide evaluation of application performance and capacity on system resources usage to sustain business application volume processing
- Work closely with team of Performance Engineers to orchestrate, conduct and participate in line of business performance testing analysis
- Utilize diagnostic and monitoring tools to measure, detect, isolate and resolve performance issues found during application development performance testing including measuring, monitoring and capturing required infrastructure & application performance metrics, logs and reports.
- Administer, maintain and support APM suite of tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics Activities:
- Monitoring and Reporting for existing applications/systems and infrastructure
- Create automated solution for data collection and reporting for existing applications for
- Performance and Availability Administration of APM tools
- Administer, support and maintain APM tools including instrumentation, configuration, creation of dashboards and reports as well as provide deep-dive and root cause analysis on Performance issues.
- Perform 3rd level performance troubleshooting for applications/systems
- Root cause analysis, heapdump, core dump, thread dump and other log analysis, code profiling, packet tracing, event tracing, resource analysis
- Responsible for APM Tuning and Network Performance/Capacity Analysis
- Application Performance Tuning (Java and .NET applications)
- Monitoring Web Application Performance and critical application end user experience
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills which can traverse multiple levels of management and be able to work well with various technical groups including: network, database, applications and systems.
- Experience with administering agent and network based APM tools for performance and availability monitoring
- Good Unix and shell scripting
- Good SQL skills and database skills with SQL server
- Basic statistical analysis skills and graphical skills
- All office products
- 8-10 years of experience in Application Performance Management, Analysis and Capacity Planning
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Operating System tuning methods
- Good understanding of virtualization on VMware, RHEV and AIX
- Working knowledge of Application Servers - WebSphere and IIS Windows
- Working knowledge of Database tuning methods - Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
- Good networking architecture expertise
- Dynatrace, OPNET, TeamQuest toolset experience
- B.S. in Mathematics or Computer Science at least 10 years in IT with 5-7 years of experience concentrated in performance engineering and/or capacity planning MS or higher is preferred
Interested in applying?
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Contact Homer Ballega at Homer@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.