Job Number: 21-14436
Job Number: 21-14436
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Pega Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Work with the administration and development teams to ensure that designs effectively accommodate long-term maintainability, supportability, robustness, and scalability of software solutions
- Keeping abreast of patches including minor and major version releases
- Regular RAP deployments from non-production thru production environments
- Evaluating merits and risks of upgrades; coordinating with appropriate staff to execute patches to deployed applications; monitoring day-to-day operational health of deployed applications
- Responsible for maintaining operational health of Pega PRPC application through monitoring, using all available tools in WAS, PDC and AppDynamics.
- Responsible for updating appropriate system level documentation and knowledge base documentation
- Solve moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analysis
- Provide explanation and information to others on difficult issues
- Advise development team on performance improving solutions
- Conduct DR drills on a scheduled basis
- As a member of the Application Administration team, the Pega system administrator will perform the installation, configuration, deployments and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of Pega PRPC runtime environment.
- This includes the design and implementation of infrastructure from specifications, configuration and deployment of applications, connecting to back-end resources and advanced troubleshooting of moderately complex Pega applications.
- This role requires the candidate to be highly flexible in hours of work and an ability to participate in a 24/7 on call support team.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Strong experience in the analysis and tuning of RDBMS
- Operating system experience in Windows, Linux.
- Web Application experience in WebSphere App Server. JBOSS and Tomcat is a plus
- API knowledge from a set-up perspective is a plus
- Strong JVM experience
- Strong and intuitive troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated experience in Pega PRPC Administration 7.3-8.4
- Knowledge of Source Control
- Experience with Application/Platform performance monitoring tools such as PAL, PMI, Pega (PDC) and Windows Performance Monitor
- Pega WebSphere App Server (WAS), MQ Linux, MSSQL, Windows platform
- SQL execution knowledge is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Pega Administrator.
- Ensures Company safety, health and environmental programs are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.