PC Admin & Support
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a PC Admin & Support for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The PC Admin & Support will be responsible for imaging computers with Windows 10 operating system in various locations, responsible for 2nd level support providing on-site troubleshooting, problem diagnosis and resolution, general technical support for all of Client's customers at assigned locations.
- Provide technical support including installation, deployment and maintenance of company PC, laptops and LAN hardware, software, scanner, printer problems and various peripherals including air cards, blackberry devices and iPhones.
- When not helping local staff, there will be administrative work that will need to be maintained.
- Perform monthly updates of Microsoft security patches, anti-virus signature file and other software/application updates.
- Frequently work with Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) - Client Toughbook including setup, updates and periodic maintenance.
- Handle disposals of all computing equipment that has become obsolete or unusable.
- Monitor and take action on Policed Reports generated by Microsoft SMS, which feeds our Tech Support Dashboard.
- Perform semi-annual inspections of LAN Rooms and LAN Cabinets.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of UPS including batteries, agents, ATS, network switches within the LAN/WAN room.
- Interfacing with Client's 3rd level support including Application Development, LAN/WAN and Server groups.
- Expected to work in all of Client's various sites and environments; such as corporate offices, field workout locations, power plants and substations.
- Work with Client's other technical groups during deployment of routers, switches, servers and new technologies as we incorporate them into our environment.
- Will have significant contact with our users on daily basis including employees at all levels.
- Manage and respond to customer calls via the ticketing system, Client Service Manager.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- A Bachelor's degree related to Computer Science or Information Systems with a minimum of one-year work experience in related fields, or a High School Diploma/G.E.D. with a minimum of 4 years of work experience is required.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft desktop/laptop systems, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite 2010 or higher required.
- Excellent experience in support and troubleshooting in a Desktop Support environment with knowledge of local area networking, copper and fiber wiring and network switches and routers is required.
- General understanding of wireless technology and mobile computing devices is also required.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required for customer interaction, problem description and problem solving.
- Requires good customer service skills, due to significant contact with our users.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able and willing to travel throughout the Client service territory as needed.
- Must have a car and be willing to use it as needed.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. and be capable of bending and kneeling in order to install computer equipment in tight spots.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Homer Ballega at Homer@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.