Palo Alto Firewall/Riverbed Design Engineer - Master level (Tier 1)
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Palo Alto Firewall/Riverbed Design Engineer - Master level (Tier 1) for our client in Houston, TX (combination of on-site and remote work) - Local to Houston is preferred. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, specializing in digital transformations and collaboration with customers to manage their needs and achieve success. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Our Client is looking for a Palo Alto Firewall/Riverbed Design Engineer to be a part of our Client team who will be delivering a Global Network as a Service project. This position is expected that work will be done as a combination of on-site and remote work. The primary customer location is in Houston, TX but there is also a facility in Plano/Dallas, TX too so we will need flexibility with working where needed for these 10 weeks.
- Design and Implement the Firewall and WAN Optimization solution for 20 sites globally
- Provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams.
- Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers businesses.
- As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge.
- Actively contribute to Client's solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects.
- Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers.
- Accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
- Contribute to organizations profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development.
- Master: Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories, or techniques.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful.
- Provides highly innovated solutions.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
- Develops strategy andleads large, cross-division functional teams or projects the affect the organizations longterm goals and objectives.
- May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams.
- Palo Alto Networks Firewalls – 3020 and 220 models, threat prevention, URL filtering, and WildFire; Panorama Central Management system
- Riverbed – 5070, 3070, 770, and 570 models
- Design, Migration, Configuration, and Implementation Skills and Experience for Palo Alto and Riverbed
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) certification or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and consultative skills
- 12+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Masters degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (15+ years in total).
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas.
- Technical expertise is sought after and provided to several projects/accounts.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of assigned technology and discipline area.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of corporate organization and policies.
- Advanced level business, technical, or functional knowledge.
- Skillsets may include but not exclusive of the following:NESSUS (for Network security audits)SAD: Network Security Architecture & Design
- SAS: Network Security Assessment
- SCW: Network Security Custom & Web Application ServiceSecurity (Firewalls, IDS..)
- SSP: Network Security Strategy & Planning
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Silverpeak skills are not required except high level understanding of the product since Silverpeak is being decommissioned.
- Experience with migrating Cisco ASA Firewalls to Palo Alto Firewalls
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Steve Adams at email@example.com or call 866-577-3379/425-256-2983 now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.