Other - Regulatory Advisory Support, AS Regulatory Advisory Support, AS
Regulatory Advisory Support, AS
Job Number: 21-13676
Job Number: 21-13676
Help drive change! Eclaro is looking for a Regulatory Advisory Support, AS for our client in Jacksonville. FL.
Eclaro’s client is a leading global bank stimulating change and innovation in the industry by offering top-notch financial products and services for a wide-range of clients worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Sanctions & Embargoes program is aimed to ensure that Client Group and its staff fully comply with all applicable sanctions and embargoes.
- For this purpose, Client established a global organization with dedicated rights and responsibilities.
- Client's Sanctions & Embargoes Program has been implemented globally and throughout all business divisions via the Embargo Policy - Client Group and the Special Risk Country Policy Client Group.
- The Sanctions Compliance Officer primarily investigates and reviews payment messages which entail potential sanction, AML, or policy concerns.
- The investigations officer will assist in maintaining compliance with OFAC and EU sanctions regulations and internal Client policies.
- Support Client in protecting Client from legal, regulatory, and reputational risk with regard to business involving sanctioned entities and / or countries.
- Diligently investigate payment messages escalated from Regulatory Filtering Operations to US Sanctions Compliance for potential sanctions, AML, or policy violations.
- Accurately apply OFAC and EU regulations and Client policy to payment messages and coordinate significant issues requiring further escalation within Client Anti-Financial Crimes and across business and operations.
- Monitor the regulatory situation in the region, and assist in ensuring significant events impacting Client are addressed as need be.
- Interface with client service officers on transaction-related requests and decide on these in full compliance with all applicable sanctions regulations as well as the Client's policies and procedures.
- Identify and escalate issues which are not addressed by current policies or standards, draft and implement possible solutions.
- Maintain and manage internal watch lists, and coordinate with Regulatory Filtering Operations in the timely and accurate implementation of all watch lists.
- Assist in timely maintenance of records in accurate and auditable format.
- Support sanctions-relevant reporting obligations involving countries in the region to the competent authorities.
- Assist in the collection of information in response to law enforcement, regulatory, or internal inquiries.
- Knowledge of Sanctions laws/regulations to provide guidance to business and compliance staff
- Report any risk relating to the duties and responsibilities described hereunder and any event or incident that is capable of creating or constituting such a risk to the Head of US Sanctions Compliance.
- BA/BS required. JD/Masters preferred. Past experience in AML or sanctions compliance and operations in a global financial institution highly desirable.
- Proficiency Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work across geographic & cultural boundaries to achieve organizational goals & objectives.
- Ability to prioritize requirements to achieve regulatory or audit requirements.
- Ability to deliver timely and quality execution in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary.
- Ability to act decisively and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong drafting, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong, independent self-starter & problem solver.
- Strong project management or evident ability to influence management and adhere to deadlines.
- Team player and self starter, able to act on own initiative and learn quickly.
- Highly organized and pays attention to detail.
- Strength in U.S. economic sanctions regulations.
- Detail oriented and organized, as well as proactive in follow up on pending deliverables.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Audrei Cortez | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.